experiment with soaps and dilution ratios. I mixed Meguiars GC in a quart
mason jar 2 days ago as I have heard this aids the soap disolving into a
usable solution. I mixed it 4 to 1. I started on the lowest setting on the
foamgun and got soapy mix, I moved up to the max setting and here came
the thick foam. Wow! My truck was not real dirty so I just had a bucket to
rinse my mitt in. I got really good lubricity and like that when I put my
rinsed mitt back to the paint the solution just soaped up like I had taken
from a soapy wash bucket. I am eager to see Autogeeks new foamgun
soap. Until its release I will be trying different soaps and mix ratios and will
report back with my results. This is a heavy duty tool and should last a long time. I enjoyed using it. Another great tool by a great detailing supply
company, Autogeek!

ScottB
04-04-2006, 05:25 PM
I have found one ounce of soap and about 12 ounces of water is all that is needed for two cars in the foam gun. I keep the setting arm (small brass pin) at the lowest setting. I do have nice water pressure, but would think that adjusting this pin would be all that was necessary with slower water systems.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/167Autogeek_002.jpg

belcherm58
04-04-2006, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=killrwheels@autogeek]I have found one ounce of soap and about 12 ounces of water is all that is needed for two cars in the foam gun. I keep the setting arm (small brass pin) at the lowest setting. I do have nice water pressure, but would think that adjusting this pin would be all that was necessary with slower water systems.

What kind of soap were you using?

ScottB
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=killrwheels@autogeek]I have found one ounce of soap and about 12 ounces of water is all that is needed for two cars in the foam gun. I keep the setting arm (small brass pin) at the lowest setting. I do have nice water pressure, but would think that adjusting this pin would be all that was necessary with slower water systems.

What kind of soap were you using?

The one in the pic is the newest AG creation and not quite available for purchase. Prior I had tried several and found that Poorboys Suds did exactly what I wanted , I would highly suggest it as an alternative.

belcherm58
04-05-2006, 12:02 AM
I mixed 1 cup Of Meguiars Gold Class wash soap with 3 cups of water making
1 quart of wash solution. I did not get a heavy foam until I moved the brass
pin to the max setting. I knew that the pictures that you submitted were of
the unreleased Autogeek formula. Are you saying that the Autogeek formula will be mixed 1 oz soap to 12 oz of water? I am concerned about the cost
of the soap formula to create the foam that I want. Using 1 cup being 8 oz
of the GC at $7.99 fot 64oz is a .99 cent solution for the quart. I used the
whole quart to foam the truck. I am eager to see the price of this new
formula by Autogeek. One soap that I am considering for foamgun use is
the Meguiars Hyper Wash. They claim a dilution ratio of 400 to 1. I will try it
and report my findings. The Hyper Wash is $29.99 per gallon at Autogeek.

ScottB
04-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I got no directions with my sample, so I winged it. Appeared to work well since we still had foam in the street almost an hour after finishing. I believe I used 2 ounces in that pic, and tailored my answer to the minimum. I hope it will be cost effective (ie. DP Line) and I hope it will come in larger sizes also. Using that much Megs Gold Class would worry me too ... you need to try some other soaps. I also had ok results with NXT (blue formula) but nowhere near Poorboys Suds nor this sample.

NissanOwner
05-09-2006, 06:33 AM
The Foam gun is the Bomb. I just got mine today and had to use it. It was even raining but when it stopped I pulled the car out and gave it wash. I never had so much fun washing, used PBSS and the foam was awesome. It made washing easier and a lot faster. My wife thinks I'm crazy, I guess I have to wash her van tomorrow.