PDA

View Full Version : How to clean autogeeks foam wax applicator

Pages : [1] 2

arkus
01-30-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm talking about the small round thick ones . I hate to just toss them . They are good hand applicators . Any good ideas out there ?

Rsurfer
01-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm talking about the round thick ones . I hate to just toss them . They are good applicators . Any good ideas out there ?
Get some Dawn Power Dissolver from Walmart. Do wear gloves when cleaning, pretty harsh on your skin.

Kurt_s
01-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Just used the XMI Pad cleaner to clean a few of mine with hot water to rinse. Seem to be ok but will use them with the same product on the future.

Have used Dawn dish soap to clean pads before with success. Cleaned them 2-3 times before drying. Use lots and lots of hot water to rinse them out.

I've thought about citrus cleaners more than once but never gave it a try.

I'm sure the professionals have better experience.

Rsurfer
01-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Just used the XMI Pad cleaner to clean a few of mine with hot water to rinse. Seem to be ok but will use them with the same product on the future.

Have used Dawn dish soap to clean pads before with success. Cleaned them 2-3 times before drying. Use lots and lots of hot water to rinse them out.

I've thought about citrus cleaners more than once but never gave it a try.

I'm sure the professionals have better experience.Dawn liquid soap is ok, but it suds to much. Dawn Power Disslover doesn't suds as much and it's much stronger.

lefty101
01-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Dawn liquid soap is ok, but it suds to much. Dawn Power Disslover doesn't suds as much and it's much stronger.

+1

CharlesW
01-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Get some Dawn Power Dissolver from Walmart. Do wear gloves when cleaning, pretty harsh on your skin.
Gonna have to try this.
Do you feel it does a better job than using something like Meguiar's APC+ at 4:1?
The main reason I ask is because I have lots of Meg's APC and APC+ and no Dawn Power Dissolver. :)

Kurt_s
01-30-2010, 10:54 PM
What is Dawn Power Dissolver normally used for? Will I find it at the local grocery store which is closer than Walmart?

What other uses is it good for??

Rsurfer
01-30-2010, 11:39 PM
What is Dawn Power Dissolver normally used for? Will I find it at the local grocery store which is closer than Walmart?

What other uses is it good for??It's used for baked on grease on pots and pans. I can't find it anywhere but at Walmart, you can try looking for it. It's a blue plastic bottle with a white spray nozzle.

arkus
01-31-2010, 12:45 AM
I'll try it thanks

zinc02gt
01-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Power Disolver, like rsurfer said, works wonders even on you buffing pads.

Kurt_s
01-31-2010, 02:11 AM
I guess I will visit Walmart tomorrow and maybe Autozone too since both are in Simi Valley.

BobbyG
01-31-2010, 07:50 AM
I generally clean them and my pads with Castrol's purple cleaner / degreaser. I use this stuff allot and it does a great job. I rinse thoroughly in hot water then let-um dry.

ScottB
01-31-2010, 07:56 AM
Dp Pad Rejuvinator ... usually after cleaning , I then keep them for tire dressing if to stained or less than perfect looking.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-31-2010, 11:22 AM
I read somewhere that car wash soap, snappy clean, DP rejuvinator are all good, but not to use DAWN on buffing pads? Marketing purpose?

arkus
01-31-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm off to get some DPD .