PDA

View Full Version : How good is the Mr Clean Auto Dry kit?

Lasthope05
01-30-2010, 09:11 PM
So after hearing about Autozone having a crazy clearance sale I went check out what they had. Needless to say I came back with a trunk load of goodies and only spent $6. Well one of the items I picked up was the Mr Clean Auto Dry refill cartridges. I picked up 11 of these for 1 cents each. :awesome: Anyways I wanted to know how well the filtration is on these units and how well they perform. Has anybody ever measured the TDS(total dissolved solids) before and after using the Mr clean Auto Dry kit?

I dont have the gun, only the refill cartridges, but depending upon the comments here I might go pick one up. Not sure what uses I'll have for it but for starters i guess I'll be using it for mixing my chemicals and rinseless washes.

Rsurfer
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
So after hearing about Autozone having a crazy clearance sale I went check out what they had. Needless to say I came back with a trunk load of goodies and only spent $6. Well one of the items I picked up was the Mr Clean Auto Dry refill cartridges. I picked up 11 of these for 1 cents each. :awesome: Anyways I wanted to know how well the filtration is on these units and how well they perform. Has anybody ever measured the TDS(total dissolved solids) before and after using the Mr clean Auto Dry kit?

I dont have the gun, only the refill cartridges, but depending upon the comments here I might go pick one up. Not sure what uses I'll have for it but for starters i guess I'll be using it for mixing my chemicals and rinseless washes.Why not just get a pump sprayer?

Lasthope05
01-30-2010, 09:51 PM
Sorry. What would the pump sprayer be for? :confused:

ONR? I use two buckets with rinsless washes. I'll just be using the Mr Clean Auto Dry's gun for the filtered DI water.

dublifecrisis
01-30-2010, 10:03 PM
I used one of these guns a while back. It did seem to help with the risnsing process but one cartridge was only good fo like 2 washes max. Guess if you have a lot then that's not an issue. I need to go to AZ tomorrow and see what kind of goodies I can pick up!

BobbyG
01-31-2010, 07:43 AM
My daughter bought one a couple of years ago and like most of these products it landed in the trash by the end of the summer.

ScottB
01-31-2010, 07:57 AM
gimic ... use an inline filter or CrSpotless System. They were giving them away for 4.00 at Big Lots recently, so likely on closeout.

Wax Gorilla
01-31-2010, 08:02 AM
The Mr. Clean System is a POS - Purposeful Overpriced Silliness !

Lasthope05
01-31-2010, 10:02 AM
What exact makes it a bad machine thought? No one has touched on the subject of its filtration capabilities vs any other product vs no filtration. The cartridges are mixed resin beads like the CRspotless so what makes these a gimic?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-31-2010, 11:18 AM
I've tried it(just final rinsing), and for the most part, it doesn't leave spots. However, the rinse stream is VERY WEAK, so you have to be within inches of the paint to rinse anything. Even that way, it takes forever to rinse completely. I threw mine away.

nrengle
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
I'd think you'd be ok to use it for DI water to mix chemicals with, but it definitely doesn't have the power needed to do any kind of work on the car. But mixing a bucket of ONR or some QD's you should be fine.

Rsurfer
01-31-2010, 03:38 PM
Sorry. What would the pump sprayer be for? :confused:

ONR? I use two buckets with rinsless washes. I'll just be using the Mr Clean Auto Dry's gun for the filtered DI water.If you use ONR you won't need Mr. Clean. Just wash 1 panel at a time and dry.

WaxmanRonnie
01-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Mr. Clean tried to take advantage of some peoples laziness to dry a car.
Problem is it didn't work. If your car has a durable wax or sealant on it, all you need is an air hose or leaf blower for an easy way to dry the car. Dry off all left over water with MF towel.
Enough said!

Lasthope05
01-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Mr. Clean tried to capitilize on some peoples laziness to dry a car.
Problem is it didn't work. If your car has a durable wax or sealant on it, all you need is an air hose or leaf blower for an easy way to dry the car. Dry off all left over water with MF towel.
Enough said!

Well then... then I dont understand why people would buy or recommend buying a $300-400 CR Spotless machine if there was no point to it? Same thing just bigger. Why would autogeek sell them? I mean there has to be some good use that would justify a large purchase like that. Just to save yourself time drying a car?

WaxmanRonnie
01-31-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't know much about the more expensive machines.
Maybe it's for homes with hard water. Not sure.

petiebear
01-31-2010, 05:38 PM
I've tried it(just final rinsing), and for the most part, it doesn't leave spots. However, the rinse stream is VERY WEAK, so you have to be within inches of the paint to rinse anything. Even that way, it takes forever to rinse completely. I threw mine away.

I agree