PDA

View Full Version : What a Cyclo can do to a Delorean.

kbohip
01-29-2010, 08:17 PM
With enough time that is! How much time you ask? How about 4 hours per square inch!!!

Mirror Polished DeLorean - DMCTalk.com forums - A DeLorean Community (http://www.dmctalk.com/showthread.php?t=15884)

08 300C
01-29-2010, 10:22 PM
WOW, I have to say that’s really cool. I have a Cyclo that was made in 1953 used at the Fire Department for years and was thrown in the trash when the cord got frayed. I replaced the cord 20 years ago and the pad holders last year, liked the Velcro. I know a lot is to be said for a bunch of others but that’s longevity. GREAT Machines.

dragster
02-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Love my Cyclo.

kbohip
02-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Just sold my Cyclo on Ebay. I'm having mixed emotions as it was as perfect of a machine as a machine could be imo. At least in the build quality and reliability department. I just wanted to try something with more power though so I'll be picking up a Griot's 6" ROP. This coupled with my Dewalt rotary (which I now love) should be all I need to correct any finish I come across.

If the day comes that Cyclo ever updates it to have more than one speed, or even forced rotation ala Flex 3401 I'll promptly sell the GG and buy the Cyclo. There's just something about owning and using an extremely well built machine put together by my countrymen that brings it up a notch in my book.

08 300C
02-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Kbohip, that last sentance says it all, I could not agree with you more. I like your idea's for an improved Cyclo as well, nice post.

James442
11-12-2010, 10:18 AM
I just ran over my cyclo after 3 yrs of use. Stupid mistake and in a hurry as usual.pads broke of and scratched the handle and case but it still works. I think I will send it in for a tune up and go from there...just dont want to be without it. I use it for everything