PDA

View Full Version : Collinite Waxes, any good?

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
10-11-2006, 12:35 AM
I seen some addition on AG website, Collinite products. I was looking at their waxes, Super DOuble Coat Autowax, and Paste Sapphire Auto Wax.
Anyone tried those yet? How good are they? Easy on/off application, like DP Max Wax, or is it more like Meguiar's #16 formula (harder on/off).
How long does it lasts, and how good does it looks on a paint?
Feed back please

Thanks in advance.

Al-53
10-11-2006, 07:08 AM
The Collinite waxes are probably the most Durable waxes made...Meg#16 to follow...

Not a super beauty wax like Sov... P21s..S100.. Natty blue...but they hold their ground in looks..they look great...

I use collinite for a winter coat regime here in New England..I use it over a sealant and found it lasts all winter no problem...It has the most incredible beading you ever seen...

I also use it on the boat and it is in the water from April to Sept and still beads like day 1...

Application and removal...Insulator is the easiest to apply and remove...The paste waxes..like 915..885 ..476s if put on thin come off nice...put in thick and you will have a little extra work to remove..not bad..but a little elbow grease...

I would also recommend you apply to a cool surface...so it does not flash fast..

You will be more than happy with the looks and protection of Collinite...

PS..the Sapphire is more of a 1 step wax....it does clean and wax at the same time...so not very layerable..but gives a grand gloss...so for a client that just wants a wash and wax..this stuff is great..sorta like Megs #66...but a better gloss and protection..great on boats also...

Al

Grimm
10-11-2006, 07:23 AM
That's my car on the Collinite page :D The 845 was very easy to use, and while it might not be as good looking as some other waxes, I think it came out looking great. I live in Michigan and I'm told it should last all winter.

SVTContour
10-11-2006, 09:12 AM
I live in Michigan too and I might have to give these a shot. I am just kind of puzzled though in how a carnauba wax can end up lasting longer than many sealants. It seems to go against the grain of "common logic of detailing"

Surfer
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
I live in Michigan too and I might have to give these a shot. I am just kind of puzzled though in how a carnauba wax can end up lasting longer than many sealants. It seems to go against the grain of "common logic of detailing"Could be the amino resin qualities? Like above, I have some Collinite and it does look similar to Megs #16, nice warm/deep glow, not dripping wet like NB or Souveran etc. But damn is it durable, even after a few runs in the ocean my waverunner is still beading and slick on the hull, superman of waxes:righton:

SVTContour
10-11-2006, 09:33 AM
What is the difference between #476 "Super DoubleCoat Auto Wax" and #845 "Liquid Insulator Wax"?

Meghan
10-11-2006, 09:45 AM
845 is a liquid and easier to use and 476 is a paste

Excessive Detail
10-11-2006, 10:08 AM
I was thinking about gewtting a can of the super double coat476, I wanna see how long this stuff can really last, an the prices are more than perfect.Thanks ag.

Padron
10-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I feel you'll be more than happy. I just applied this wax the other day, used a sponge applicator and was very pleased with the way it went on and removal was also quite easy :). It has a very nice gloss and warmth to it, and from what I have seen so far, it beads very well and I am sure will be quite durable..

And you can always top it with Souveran if you like...:righton:

supercharged
10-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Sounds like a good winter wax.
What about Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-marque-wax-915.html)?
Is it better then Super double coat?

Padron
10-11-2006, 01:34 PM
Sounds like a good winter wax.
What about Collinite Marque D’Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax #915 (http://www.autogeek.net/collinite-marque-wax-915.html)?
Is it better then Super double coat?

I have heard it smells better, but better durability? :confused:

Grimm
10-11-2006, 02:02 PM
there was a recent discussion about this at Autopia. Someone apparently was told by the people at Collinite that the 915 is the same as the 476, just with a nicer scent, and of course higher price.

ryandamartini
10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
there was a recent discussion about this at Autopia. Someone apparently was told by the people at Collinite that the 915 is the same as the 476, just with a nicer scent, and of course higher price.
if thats the case, does 476 also have carnuba in it ?

i pulled up the thread at autopia, and an email sent to one of the members stated that marqe has a higher carnuba concentration and gives more of s glow/shine, but isnt as durable as 476.

ScottB
10-11-2006, 04:13 PM
I have heard it smells better, but better durability? :confused:

"Is that your car that smells so nice ?? " Im the MAN Im the MAN

CroMag
10-12-2006, 01:06 AM
While both 845 and 476 get praise for thier durability, 476 sometimes gets a bum rap as not looking as "good" as 845.

My experience with 476 was far from this - I applied 476 to a metallic blue Outback that had AIO and SGx3. The coats of SG didn't really do much for me, but once I topped with Collinite, the depth really came out. And wait till you see the beads.........