PDA

View Full Version : Wash just one section of car with ONR

amg71
01-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Hello,
Is it possible to use a product like ONR to clean just one section of the car? My car is pretty clean, but has a bit of mud along the bottom of one side. I don't want to mix a whole batch of ONR, but since it is mud and not dust, I didn't know if mixing it as the quick detailer would be appropriate....
Thanks so much!!

Mike Phillips
01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
You bet! :xyxthumbs:

Use a very saturated cloth with your ONR solution and after making a wipe try not to use that same side on the paint again, maybe have a few microfibers for the job.

And since this was your first post...

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

:welcome:

amg71
01-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Thanks so much! By "solution", you mean the Quick Detail solution?

Mike Phillips
01-28-2010, 06:19 PM
Thanks so much! By "solution", you mean the Quick Detail solution?

I'm sorry, I mis-read your intent, I thought you said you were going to mix a normal solution for rinseless washing using ONR and water and if fact you want to do just the opposite... Typing too fast, thinking too slow... :laughing:

ONR Directions

Rinseless Wash = 1 ounce for 2 gallons
Clay Lubrican = 2 ounces for 1 gallon
Spray Detailer = 6 to 14 ounces for 1 gallon

With a Rinseless wash you have a weaker concentration but more water on the surface. If you're trying to remove mud off paint it would be better to have lots of water to dissolve and loosen the mud than mist on a little quick detailer.

The perfect answer is use a strong spray of water from a water hose.

Don't make it more complicated than it has to be, if you want to use ONR as a spray detailer then just apply a heavy or wet spray and let the water go to work loosening and dissolving the mud.

:)

amg71
01-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks so much! One last question, if I don't have a hose handy, would there be other options to get the little bit of mud off?

Did purchase the ONR from you guys by the way:)

WRAPT C5Z06
01-28-2010, 07:18 PM
When in doubt, ask Mike!!!! :props:

tkblazer
01-28-2010, 11:13 PM
maybe you can get another spray bottle and just fill it with water

Kean
01-29-2010, 03:41 PM
....garden sprayers (like the one I have pictured below as an example) are good for presoaking/rinsing panels when a hose is not available.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/20/f/AAAADNtEdykAAAAAACD9Zw.jpg