PDA

View Full Version : Swirl marks

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jdm
10-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I have a red 1998 Acura integra. The paint has no rock chip's or rust on it, but does suffer from minor clear coat scratches and spider webbing. I have worked at a professional detailing shop for almost a year (part time) and have never had problems with their polishes or my work after has been completed. I finally decided to polish my own car after perfecting polishing. I started with a wool pad and 3M rubbing compound and moved down to a medium-light pad with a 3M light polish then moved to a glazzing pad and glazed it with 3M machine glaze...The resultes were astonishing and i was very impressed, untill i washed it a week later (with all proper washing techiques) and when i looked at it in the sun there was still enough spider webbing to notice. What can i do to prevent this and how can i keep my paint in near perfect shape?

sparkie
10-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I have a red 1998 Acura integra. The paint has no rock chip's or rust on it, but does suffer from minor clear coat scratches and spider webbing. I have worked at a professional detailing shop for almost a year (part time) and have never had problems with their polishes or my work after has been completed. I finally decided to polish my own car after perfecting polishing. I started with a wool pad and 3M rubbing compound and moved down to a medium-light pad with a 3M light polish then moved to a glazzing pad and glazed it with 3M machine glaze...The resultes were astonishing and i was very impressed, untill i washed it a week later (with all proper washing techiques) and when i looked at it in the sun there was still enough spider webbing to notice. What can i do to prevent this and how can i keep my paint in near perfect shape?
Welcome to AG, As far as professional detailer, I'm not one, hope one day to grow up and be one:D! If you are using the proper washing techiques, IMO you will get some spider webbing. I know you said that your car is red, just be glad its not black. Maybe someone will chime in and heip you out. Just keep checking back.

XterraOverload
10-11-2006, 05:51 AM
Yea be glad it's not black!!!!!!!!!!! I swear If I go over 60 the dust in the air scratches it and If I take a turn it gets cob webs...........really!!!!!!!!

BILL
10-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Yea be glad it's not black!!!!!!!!!!! I swear If I go over 60 the dust in the air scratches it and If I take a turn it gets cob webs...........really!!!!!!!!

Black is tough...........wonder what next??? red??

aceshigh73
10-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Dark Blue..... (looks black in certain lighting...)

Larry A
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Dark green is a problem also.

FloridaNative
10-11-2006, 10:56 AM
I believe Killerwheels says that he washes his black C6 twice a week and he had no swirls.

XterraOverload
10-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I believe Killerwheels says that he washes his black C6 twice a week and he had no swirls.

This may be true but not everyone can have killers mad skills.:p

Sevenrd
10-11-2006, 02:25 PM

Man, and I just bought a black car.

I knew full well what I was getting into. I just hope my detailing obsession doesn't get even more out of control now that I have a black car...who am I kidding? It will. Im the MAN

WiseGuy
10-11-2006, 02:49 PM
Man, and I just bought a black car.

I knew full well what I was getting into. I just hope my detailing obsession doesn't get even more out of control now that I have a black car...who am I kidding? It will. Im the MAN

yes, it will.

I had a black 02 corolla S and it was madness....I used regular otc products then. Now I'm into different stuff and better techniques now that I talk to you guys and read these boards. I purchased an 06 Acura RSX typeS in Feb. this year.......BLACK also. Even though its a pain I still could not resist staying with black. :righton:

ScottB
10-11-2006, 04:07 PM
This may be true but not everyone can have killers mad skills.:p

no swirls ... but a couple small scratches and chips have now been viewed. Probably time to sell the old Vette for something new. At 2 yrs old and 7000 miles, do I have any buyers ???? Occasionally washed, and polished :p

BILL
10-11-2006, 05:19 PM
no swirls ... but a couple small scratches and chips have now been viewed. Probably time to sell the old Vette for something new. At 2 yrs old and 7000 miles, do I have any buyers ???? Occasionally washed, and polished :p

$20.000.00 CASH??.......SIGHT UNSEEN......:)

Jdm
10-11-2006, 08:50 PM
MMMM i dont know if i belive washing a black C6 twice a week and no swirls.. maybe not in the sun but in the bright sun there will be.

Jdm
10-11-2006, 08:51 PM
So no real tips on how to avoid this problem of mine?

XterraOverload
10-11-2006, 09:23 PM
You could keep it in the garage>!

Or you could do what everyone else does, rinse real good use two bucket method and go to town with the PC every so often....