PDA

View Full Version : How often can you use detailing spray?

Pages : [1] 2 3

GG4411
01-26-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey guys,
I am still new to detailing so I wanted to ask you all a quick question. In between complete detailing sessions, if you see fingerprints or smudges on your car can you use detailing spray to quickly polish up the area? How often do you think you can use detailing spray on your caR? Thanks

arkus
01-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I would think as often as you want to.

Focus2069
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
2-3 times a day, lol.

seriously, as long as it is good quality QD stuff then it wont hurt anything to do it daily/as much as you want.

jpegs13
01-26-2010, 03:59 PM
As many times as you're SUPPOSED to brush your teeth

zinc02gt
01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
A few swipes with a good microfiber towel should remove the finger prints. You can use quick detailer as often as you want, especially after a wash.

Blake's Mobile Detailing
01-26-2010, 04:42 PM
lol, do it while brushing your teeth.

forrest@mothers
01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
If used too many times in a day, you'll start noticing an oily film on the paint surface.

Once or twice a day is fine - every time you stop at a red light is probably too much.

SportEL
01-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Hey guys,
I am still new to detailing so I wanted to ask you all a quick question. In between complete detailing sessions, if you see fingerprints or smudges on your car can you use detailing spray to quickly polish up the area? How often do you think you can use detailing spray on your caR? Thanks

I'm just wondering where you get the finger prints and smudges from? When you close the door or trunk?

jpegs13
01-26-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm just wondering where you get the finger prints and smudges from? When you close the door or trunk?

It's apparent you do NOT have kids....

GG4411
01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks for all of the responses. Will it scratch or swirl my paint if I use the QD with a microfiber after driving for an entire day? I only ask this because after driving for the whole day I can see a thin layer of dust/dirt on the paint.

SportEL
01-26-2010, 06:31 PM
It's apparent you do NOT have kids....

You have that correct, haha. If I did, I would be paranoid about keeping the car clean. My sister has little kids. The inside is a mess that is 'fun' to clean up, but I guess they don't rub or touch the car besides opening the door handle.

Thanks for all of the responses. Will it scratch or swirl my paint if I use the QD with a microfiber after driving for an entire day? I only ask this because after driving for the whole day I can see a thin layer of dust/dirt on the paint.

I would use a waterless wash like Poorboy's Spray and Wipe for cleaning for better results and less chance of causing swirls. Then you could use a quick detailer afterwards if you prefer. I only use quick detailers after washing the car.

ScottB
01-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I use a detail spray or qd'er+ product after each wash, so thats weekly.

obssest
01-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Buy yourself a NEW California Car Duster. Use no pressure and dust the surface with just the tips of the duster to knock the large dust particles off. Then, use your quick detailer with microfiber. I tried to use just quick detailer with towel for a few months and I produced some swirls. If you are not going to use the duster first, definitely should use more of a waterless wash product like Adam's Polishes or Poorboys sells.

Personally, I'm sold that the california car duster is the way to go. To use someone else's words... If it's good enough for 300k show ferarris, it's good enough for my 40k Camaro.

Rsurfer
01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
The key is knowing when to use a Qd or when to use a duster or when to wash. Knowing this and with good techniques equals no swrils.

02blackout
01-27-2010, 01:40 AM
I QD mine everyday cause everything shows on my paintwork.

lol, do it while brushing your teeth.
hahahahahahahah
im dying hahaaaha