PDA

View Full Version : Black Fire Wet Diamond or Wolfgang DGPS 3.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wendell Jarvis
01-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Has anyone tried both of these products? I have tried the Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 and love it , but I am hearing allot about Black Fire Wet Diamond, how does it compare to the Wolfgang?Not wanting to start a product war, just comments from experienced users...Like I said I have been hearing allot about Blackfire, just haven't tried it yet.

nrengle
01-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I think Blackfire is kinda the flavor of the month or so, as was DGPS for a bit. Again it's all in the prep for the looks. I still love my DGPS for it's ease of use, but I'm thinking of switching to an even easier easy of use a WOWA sealant like Opti-Seal or UPGP.

Wendell Jarvis
01-26-2010, 02:04 PM
I think Blackfire is kinda the flavor of the month or so, as was DGPS for a bit. Again it's all in the prep for the looks. I still love my DGPS for it's ease of use, but I'm thinking of switching to an even easier easy of use a WOWA sealant like Opti-Seal or UPGP.

Thanks Nrengle for your reply, I kinda thought the same thing about being the "flavor of the month" kinda noticed that about several products, like you, I too love Wolfgang DGPS 3.0, seems I am always searching and trying new products ( part of the addiction) my therapist said...hummmm
Anyway, I did notice from some post using the Blackfire that the shine did appear to be extremely defined or sharp....but, like you said it is the prep....well, onto my relentless pursuit......lol....take care and have a blessed day. Oh, I have tried the Opti-Seal, it was good but the depth wasn't there,

arkus
01-26-2010, 02:09 PM
I have some blackfire coming in soon , I will post up results in a few days . I have WG 3.0 also to do a comparison.
I've heard great things about black fire sealant.

zinc02gt
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Both sealants, in my opinion, look great. In this case your main questions are going to be, "How durable is this sealant?" and, "How much is it per bottle?"

Both come in 16oz bottles. BFWD is $29.99 and WGDGPS is $39.99; both in 16oz bottles. You can then turn around and by 64oz of BFWD for $79.99.WGDGPS costs $99.99 in the 64oz...

I personally would get the BFWD becuase of this.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I would not say it is a flavor of the month. Both sealants are great but for ease of use Blackfire wins by a mile.

nrengle
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
I only say Flavor of the Month because it's been available for a while (like DGPS was), and took a while for people to start testing it and using it. It seemed there for a while that you couldn't look at a detail without it having DGPS on it on here or Autopia. Now it's that way with BFWD. Granted I'm curious too about it, but I'm set on a WOWA product, and I'm really leaning towards UPGP topped with Fuzion for my car, and UPGP on everyone elses unless black, then topped with Fuzion or MaxWax.

Focus2069
01-26-2010, 10:29 PM
I just recieved my 2 bottles of BlackFire, have yet to use them...hope it lives up to the hype.

Got it on sale for 22 bucks elsewhere (sorry!).

Rsurfer
01-26-2010, 10:56 PM
I would not say it is a flavor of the month. Both sealants are great but for ease of use Blackfire wins by a mile.
:iagree:but it's been the flavor of months.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-27-2010, 02:29 AM
I think WGPS is overrated. I've used it, then Collinite 915, and I like 915 a lot more!!

nosbusa
01-28-2010, 12:43 AM
I have both, and the Blackfire is the slickest of the two. Both are pretty durable and easy on easy off. . Not sure which one last the longest since I usually change waxes/sealants quite frequently.

Z06-Goose
01-28-2010, 12:57 AM
I haven't used the WDGPS 3.0 version, so I can't make a fair comparison.
I do however use BFWD, and I've been using it since last Summer.
Hands down the best Sealant I've used so far, and this is coming from me who favors sealants over carnauba waxes more often than not.

Another sealant that I use as well is the Four Star. Not bad either...

Focus2069
01-28-2010, 02:12 AM
edit...found my answer.

Need to wait 8 hours to apply wax (if you feel it is necessary) for it to cure.....

who all puts wax over this? I have found confilicting answers....some say they put wax, some say it doesnt need it......

Matt S.
01-28-2010, 09:22 AM
edit...found my answer.

Need to wait 8 hours to apply wax (if you feel it is necessary) for it to cure.....

who all puts wax over this? I have found confilicting answers....some say they put wax, some say it doesnt need it......

I personally like to choose one or the other. I used to be big on layering wax over sealant, but one really does not know what's going on chemically when you attempt such a thing. All waxes have solvents in them, we know that....the question is, how much of the existing sealant is being removed when you apply a solvent over it?

I could be right or I could be wrong...just some early morning ramblings...:xyxthumbs:

bmw5541
01-28-2010, 09:23 AM
edit...found my answer.

I absolutely LOVE the BFWD. It's the best sealant out there IMHO.

As for topping it, what color is your car. If it is white or silver, there really is no need to top it with a nuba. It might add a bit more depth though. On a darker car, it might make more of a difference, but once again, the look is subjective. Some like to top it, and others don't. Bottom line is, it's easy to apply, easy to remove and nothing looks better (oce again IMHO).