PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax Products

Pages : 1 [2]

CalSun Detail
01-27-2010, 02:54 AM
Swissvax is expensive for a reason. 90% of the time in this world, you get what you pay for.

Swissvax Saphir, Concorso, and Onyx are amazing. Some waxes that compare are Supernatural, Pinnacle Souveran, and Zymol Concours. All are in the same price range ($100-$240) which isn't bad if you care for your car's paint!!

agpatel
01-27-2010, 03:18 AM
I like some SV products and some are so-so but just have them in the line to fill it up (QD, wheel cleaner and such) I personally have Swissvax Insignis and love it. Yeah its expensive but oh well, its my splurge wax...same way people have $2000 fountain pens...do they write any better than a $120 Rotring? Maybe, maybe not but each person has there own taste.

Gary Sword
01-27-2010, 08:13 AM
I currently have swissvax concorso on my Viper. It's definitely a great wax with great durability. Is it worth 3x times and much as Souveran Paste or Fuzion is certainly debatable. They have some very nice waxes that are more in line with the price of Souveran Paste or Fuzion. When you get into waxes like Divine, Mystery and Crystal Rock they are way over priced IMO. All in all Swissvax has a great line of waxes. I would like to see AG carry the line but Max may see it differently.

Gary, you should get Vintage ($2,200) free re-fills for life. Imagine wax for life, for your beauitiful collection of cars.

I have never tried Vintage so I can't say I even like it. If you detail a lot of high-end cars $2,200 with free refills for life is a good deal.

Definitely a very beautiful collection of cars indeed!!!!

Thanks trichard! I try hard to keep my cars looking good. All the great products AG carries really helps.

akimel
01-27-2010, 08:23 AM
I'll tell you one product Swissvax sells that I think is the best out there--their detail brush! I have two of them. I use one on my wheels. I use the other on other things on trim and hard to reach places.

trhland
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
right now i have swissvax concorso on my truck . 2 months and still going strong ..although could use a topup. just waiting for a warm day to do so ...

daveo
01-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Isnt it Zymol's Solaris that is $50,000? I have a few of the the nicer waxes but just the other day I sprayed OCW and was blown away by the looks. Some of the products I have grown to love are sometimes the more economically priced and outperform the higher priced items. For whats its worth I went to the Swissvax site just yesterday out of curiosity and signed up. Apparently the send out their catalog and some samples. I am sure it is not the Crystal Rock, but what the heck.

D

JohnHenry
01-27-2010, 10:44 AM
So why pay an arm and a leg when you don't have to.

Some do it because they can, some like the prestige of owning one, some are collectors... ect.

Exactly!

Plus, there is a certain market segment that is impressed by and expects the "schizzle"! I guess if you are paying $750+++ to have your bi-annual maintenance detail on your Bentley, you'd probably be looking for a professional with a DI water filter, a paint gauge, maybe a hot water pressure washer, a vapor steamer, and an exotic carnauba.

I doubt that I will ever have the opportunity to detail at this level. I'm very happy with Poorboy's Natty's. But, if a $300 car wax blows your dress up, by all means go for it! You only live once.

lexterminator
08-31-2011, 10:33 PM
I got curious about Swissvax and got a Concorso Entry Kit. I don't regret the purchase but not sure if I would repeat again. Same thing for Zymol sampler kit (Concours, Destiny, Atlantique). It's all excellent stuff but very expensive.

Cleaner Fluid Regular + Concorso does an excellent job. I really like the car wash but cleaning power is very poor. The spray wax is a real pain. The only thing I bought again so far was the Pneu (tire spray) and the Interior detailer. What I'm debating to repurchase is the leather conditioner (milk) and the car wash. They are great but very expensive. When my Concorso runs out I think I would probably get a Mirage Entry kit to try it out.

In my case during summer time I often go back to Pinnacle (shampoo, crystal mist, souveran spray wax, souveran liquid and paste wax, paintwork cleansing). Great results and great value.

Cat ji
09-01-2011, 01:46 AM
I'll tell you one product Swissvax sells that I think is the best out there--their detail brush! I have two of them. I use one on my wheels. I use the other on other things on trim and hard to reach places.
If you mean the round brushes with red plastic - the set of 3, I think?
They are sash brushes, come in various diameters, and some do have plastic ferrules instead of metal.

oldmodman
09-01-2011, 07:35 PM
If I was suddenly worth 20 X as much as I am today, I would have no qualms at paying 10 X as much for wax.

It would be like a 50% sale today on Fuzion (which I already have and love).

cobraa
01-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Got Mystery, Crystal Rock, Vintage, Royale, Zymol Concours, Fuzion, Souveran, Vic red ........ Okay I will stop here.

Will do some kind of reviews but obviously I cant post here. All I can say is... they are worth more than PBMA's waxes, but is it worth 10x time? I'm not sure either.

But when you and your customer ask for the very best, price is no more an object ( as long as you dont charge the price of a new paint job LOL)