PDA

View Full Version : QD: Decisions, Decisions...

Pages : [1] 2

tonyteesdale
01-25-2010, 10:54 PM
So I have been stocking up on products recently :buffing: and have wash products, microfiber, and other cleaning products covered. I just bought some Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax so that I could re-up some 'nuba after my maintenance washes...

Now for the big problem...
I need to decide what I'm going to use as my GQ! I am looking at the following products:

1) Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Detailer
2) Poorboy's World Quick Detailer +
3) Pinnacle Crystal Mist
4) Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer

I'd like to stock up on the product, so price is a teensey bit of an issue, but I wouldn't mind $30 for Dodo Juice Red Mist in 500mL.

I rather like Dodo Juice, but am not sure if a coat of Spray Wax followed by the Dodo Juice Red Mist is going to be overkill?

As for Pinnacle Crystal Mist, I'm pretty sure I'm okay without a detailer with 'nuba content because of the Spray Souveran.
^the same question applies to Poorboy's, as it has some carnauba in it.

I haven't used the CG or Poorboy's... but both have benefits because of their price!

Feed back please So what do you guys suggest??? I would appreciate as much detail as possible in explaining your decision!

Also, two other things:
1) how is the sprayer on the Poorboy's? I've never used one of their products but I always am concerned with how well the sprayers are--seriously impacts how much I enjoy the application of the product.
and 2) not sure if this matters or not, but I'm using Pinnacle Signature Series II as my wax.

Thanks guys!!

Shane731
01-25-2010, 11:17 PM
Personally, I'd recommend Meguiar's Last Touch (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-last-touch-spray.html). Great product, improves gloss, and costs about $19 for a gallon. And you can dilute it 1:1 for claying if you want to. Just my two cents. Incidentally, Meguiar's M135 Synthetic Spray Detailer (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-135-synthetic-detailer.html) and M34 Final Inspection (http://www.autogeek.net/meg34finin.html) are great as well, and can be bought by the gallon. M135 has the hydrophobic properties like Ultimate Quik Detailer does, the only difference is they might be slightly different chemically and M135 can be bought in bulk. M34 can be used for claying as well as as a QD and is body shop safe. Not sure if you're into Meguiar's or not, but that's what I would recommend. Or you could try for something different and shoot for something else.

Rsurfer
01-25-2010, 11:27 PM
I would eliminate Red Mist because it's a sealant. Sealants over nuba's don't play well. I would replace it with FK425 or Griot Speed Shine.

tonyteesdale
01-25-2010, 11:29 PM
@CieraSL

Thanks for your input! Will have to look into it!

@Rsurfer

So is FK425 your top pick for QD? What do you think of it?

Rsurfer
01-25-2010, 11:31 PM
@CieraSL

Thanks for your input! Will have to look into it!

@Rsurfer

So is FK425 your top pick for QD? What do you think of it?Very slick and anti-static and it smells nice.

02blackout
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
I spilled some of my Pinnacle QD (from the big refill jug) on my dog and he smelled great! I love Pinnacle though. Haven't dealt with any other QDs, though. Anti-static is a must though. Whenever I polish my car/another car and I put acrylic sealant on, nothing sticks. But when I put wax or QD on, dust sticks. Just my opinion.

DARK HORSE
01-26-2010, 12:53 AM
I tried several QD's before finding FK-425. It's the only QD I use now. It is my all time favorite. Like Ron said it is very slick and offers anti-static properties I find extremely beneficial in reducing dust accumulation (especially noticeable on black). It also AMPS up the shine between waxing...

02blackout
01-26-2010, 12:56 AM
I tried several QD's before finding FK-425. It's the only QD I use now. It is my all time favorite. Like Ron said it is very slick and offers anti-static properties I find extremely beneficial in reducing dust accumulation (especially noticeable on black). It also AMPS up the shine between waxing...
AMPS :dblthumb2:
I'm going to try it next lol
(seriously)

CEE DOG
01-26-2010, 01:01 AM

FK-425 is my next purchase. I love my Optimum but the anti static 425 I keep hearing about really has me curious!

Later

Oh yeah,
I know a lot of people will want to wipe bird crap on my cars for this but I am not a huge fan of Pinnacle crystal mist. Maybe it just doesn't do much for a car that is sealed with Ultima instead of waxed... I don't know. It's not that I don't like it. Actually I do but I like my Optimum beter and it's ten times better deal.

Later

DARK HORSE
01-26-2010, 01:01 AM
AMPS :dblthumb2:
I'm going to try it next lol
(seriously)

Try it you like it my fellow Black Stanger

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_01351.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_01872.JPG

02blackout
01-26-2010, 01:05 AM
FK-425 is my next purchase. I love my Optimum but the anti static 425 I keep hearing about really has me curious!

Later

Oh yeah,
I know a lot of people will want to wipe bird crap on my cars for this but I am not a huge fan of Pinnacle crystal mist. Maybe it just doesn't do much for a car that is sealed with Ultima instead of waxed... I don't know. It's not that I don't like it. Actually I do but I like my Optimum beter and it's ten times better deal.

Later

Skybaby is gettin doodoo on her

Shane731
01-26-2010, 01:06 AM
I would eliminate Red Mist because it's a sealant. Sealants over nuba's don't play well. I would replace it with FK425 or Griot Speed Shine.

What wax or sealant are you using in conjunction with FK-425?

sullysdetailing
01-26-2010, 01:08 AM
DP Rinsless Wash and Gloss I love this as a QD.

Shane731
01-26-2010, 01:10 AM
Since we're on the topic of QD's, which QD or spray wax would go well with any of the Pinnacle or Wolfgang waxes and/or sealants? Namely these:

Pinnacle Signature Series II
Pinnacle Souveran paste
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
Wolfgang Fuzion

DARK HORSE
01-26-2010, 01:11 AM
What wax or sealant are you using in conjunction with FK-425?

I use souveran paste wax on my Pony. Both my Pick up and DD gets WG DGPS.