PDA

View Full Version : 303 Aerospace protectant wipes ??

DARK HORSE
01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know if these can be used on glass headlights and plastic covered headlights as well? Does it work well for this application? Any other suggestions for protecting glass headlights. If these work for this application I would like to try them. What do you guys think? Anyone use them for this?

303 Aerospace Protectant Wipes, 303 wipes (http://www.autogeek.net/303-protectant-wipes.html)

Old Tiger
01-25-2010, 08:06 PM
303 will work very well on all plastic as well as rubber, vinyl, and trim. It also works well on tires if you dont want a gloss finish. I have not tried it on glass headlights, but I know to keep it off windows. Also works in wheel wells. I buy it by the gallon so I cant speak to the wipes. BTW no plastic I 303 has ever oxidized FWIW including clear lights.

CEE DOG
01-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Tad, I considered these when I first saw them. I love 303 and have a gallon of it waiting for my spray bottle to get empty. I ended up deciding not to buy the wipes. I think you can get a lot more product if you go the normal route with your own applicator. I LOVE 303 and use it on a lot of things. I have not used it on headlights because people mentioned that it streaked on clear plastic (headlights, tailights, radio display). Then I bought Plexus and have been using that for the clear plastic and the mylar window tint ever since. I do use the 303 on all other plastic, vinyl, rubber, engine, etc. Now that you bring it up and I realized I never tried it myself I might just give it a shot on the headlights.

Below is my typical application method that I copy/paste into threads looking at 303:

The 303 is extremely versatile and has an spf 40. Apply to dash, vinyl, plastic, rubber seals, rubber hoses in the engine bay, windshield wipers, wiper blades, turn signal levers, car antennae, etc.
-My application method-
1.-If a surface is dirty, clean & dry it first before applying the protectant.
2.-Spray a little 303 onto a foam applicator or an "edge foam swab applicator"
3.-Wipe it onto the surface (Quick, easy, & FUN!)
4.-After applying to surface wait 2 to 5 minutes from your start time.
5.-Thoroughly dry with a clean dry microfiber detailing towel using the same starting point.

Talk to you soon,
C

DARK HORSE
01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Tad, I considered these when I first saw them. I love 303 and have a gallon of it waiting for my spray bottle to get empty. I ended up deciding not to buy the wipes. I think you can get a lot more product if you go the normal route with your own applicator. I LOVE 303 and use it on a lot of things. I have not used it on headlights because people mentioned that it streaked on clear plastic (headlights, tailights, radio display). Then I bought Plexus and have been using that for the clear plastic and the mylar window tint ever since. I do use the 303 on all other plastic, vinyl, rubber, engine, etc. Now that you bring it up and I realized I never tried it myself I might just give it a shot on the headlights.

Below is my typical application method that I copy/paste into threads looking at 303:

The 303 is extremely versatile and has an spf 40. Apply to dash, vinyl, plastic, rubber seals, rubber hoses in the engine bay, windshield wipers, wiper blades, turn signal levers, car antennae, etc.
-My application method-
1.-If a surface is dirty, clean & dry it first before applying the protectant.
2.-Spray a little 303 onto a foam applicator or an "edge foam swab applicator"
3.-Wipe it onto the surface (Quick, easy, & FUN!)
4.-After applying to surface wait 2 to 5 minutes from your start time.
5.-Thoroughly dry with a clean dry microfiber detailing towel using the same starting point.

Talk to you soon,
C

Corey, as always thanks for the detailed information. I'm going to get some. :dblthumb2:

XR5Turbo
06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Now that I have tried these wipes I actually find them far more economical than traditional spray bottle. Although you would not get as much product there is zero wastage of product. I can get entire small vehicle done, both inside and out (excluding tyres) with one wipe as they are quite heavily saturated with product. Works out 20c per application. Great idea.

cobalt9123
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
My wipes did not work on glass, but worked very well on everything Corey suggested! Much much better than M40. I am looking for a better cleaner...does the 303 fabric/vinyl cleaner work on plastic and rubber trim as well?

CEE DOG
06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
My wipes did not work on glass, but worked very well on everything Corey suggested! Much much better than M40. I am looking for a better cleaner...does the 303 fabric/vinyl cleaner work on plastic and rubber trim as well?

I haven't tried it on rubber and plastic but I think the fabric/vinyl cleaner is better for fabrics. I can see where it might make sense though.

I use Griots Rubber cleaner for rubber and I generally use my regular car wash soap with the correct brush for exterior plastics. If its serious plastic cleaning I step up to a more powerfull cleaner.

I've heard good things about this plastic cleaner but I think its mostly for interior... 1Z Einszett Plastic Vinyl Deep Cleaner Plastik Reiniger (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einzett-plastic-cleaner.html)

I haven't tried it but if your looking to stay with 303 there is this...
303 Patio Furniture Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/303pafucl.html) 303 Patio Furniture Cleaner

richy
06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
303 makes a cleaner that you can cut 32:1. I bought a gallon a few years ago and still have not finished it. I prefer to seal headlights with a paint sealant FWIW. I love 303. This may sound like sacrilege, but have you ever tried it on paint? I use it on the door jams and think it's great. Having said that, I don't have the balls to try it on my hood or anything yet. The tech guy at 303 said to put it on paint with a rotary at 1500 rpms....any takers?

CEE DOG
06-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I use it on my wipers (including the painted part). I have used it on the jambs in both of my SL's and have no complaints. I have been meaning to do a full exterior panel. I just haven't gotten around to it.... Yeah, yeah, that's the reason. Seriously though I am going to get around to it. Probably not with a machine or at any speed though. :)

DARK HORSE
06-07-2010, 11:38 PM
303 makes a cleaner that you can cut 32:1. I bought a gallon a few years ago and still have not finished it. I prefer to seal headlights with a paint sealant FWIW. I love 303. This may sound like sacrilege, but have you ever tried it on paint? I use it on the door jams and think it's great. Having said that, I don't have the balls to try it on my hood or anything yet. The tech guy at 303 said to put it on paint with a rotary at 1500 rpms....any takers?

Hmm Richy, this is starting to sound a lot like the thread "Washing=Scratches...help"????

richy
06-07-2010, 11:43 PM
Hmm Richy, this is starting to sound a lot like the thread "Washing=Scratches...help"????

Except it's no BS. I do use it on door jams and he did tell me about that application method for the paint. I just think my system of DG + Collinite will offer the best protection I can do, so I haven't bothered trying it out.

ScottB
06-08-2010, 07:05 AM
It is a rather amazing product when you actually read all the items it can be used upon. Even suggests paint ... I always suggest having a bottle of 303 protectant on hand.

CEE DOG
06-08-2010, 07:14 AM
It is a rather amazing product when you actually read all the items it can be used upon. Even suggests paint ...

Indeed! It is either my first or second favorite product of all.