PDA

View Full Version : same LC pad, using different types of XMT

JCB
10-10-2006, 02:28 PM
my truck has some fine swirl, and plan on using the white LC pad with XMT#2 followed by the same white pad but this time use XMT#1, can i use the same LC white pad (that i used with the xMT#2) to use XMT#1. am i like cross contaminating the pad with both XMT #2 & #1. i am thinking it has to be a dedicated pad for each compound.

thank you.

WiseGuy
10-10-2006, 03:50 PM
everything I've ever read says not to use the same pad. you'll need a 2nd white pad. personally, the few times I have used my PC I use different pads. I'm sure everyone will agree.

Waxmax
10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Use a separate pad for each product. Might want to use XMT#3 (it's pretty mild), and then the XMT#1.

MikeyC
10-10-2006, 04:25 PM
I always use a seperate pad for each product or at least a seperate pad side. I use the Edge 2000 pads so when I switch products I just flip the pad over. Anyway, you could use the same pad, but you'll need to clean it before you use it with the 2nd polish and that can be a PITA because it will need to be pretty dry before you use it again. At $10-$18 per pad it's not a major investment to have more than one.