PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Twins not enough?

Pages : [1] 2

pokey
01-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I have some light swirling on my 09 eclipse spyder (rave red pearl). The WG twins were recommended to me, but I have the Pinnacle twins and decided to give them a try on my trunk. I've watched my technique, worked a small area, and did everything that's been recommended so far. Orange pad for the swirl remover, and a white for the finishing. After a few attempts, I still see swirls. I'm using a flex 3401. Do I need to take my combo up a notch (Megs 105/205)? Am I missing something here? I hope to place an order for a variety of things tonight/early this week, so any advice would be appreciated.

Rsurfer
01-24-2010, 06:07 PM
I have some light swirling on my 09 eclipse spyder (rave red pearl). The WG twins were recommended to me, but I have the Pinnacle twins and decided to give them a try on my trunk. I've watched my technique, worked a small area, and did everything that's been recommended so far. Orange pad for the swirl remover, and a white for the finishing. After a few attempts, I still see swirls. I'm using a flex 3401. Do I need to take my combo up a notch (Megs 105/205)? Am I missing something here? I hope to place an order for a variety of things tonight/early this week, so any advice would be appreciated.If the Pinnacle isn't doing it...the WG should. Made by Menzerna. Megs 105/205 will definitely get your swrils out, but the WG is easier to work with.

pokey
01-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the input. Curious on your comment that WG is "easier" to work with. Other posts seem to refer to the Meg's as easy to work with (faster work time, etc). What makes the WG's easier?

Rsurfer
01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the input. Curious on your comment that WG is "easier" to work with. Other posts seem to refer to the Meg's as easy to work with (faster work time, etc). What makes the WG's easier?More lube equals more work time. Your lucky to get 3 passes with 105 before it dries up and start caking.

pokey
01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Thanks, I understand now. I'm still a bit confused though on the WG's being better than the pinnacle twins I have now. Per the AG chart, the Pinnacle ASR is stronger than the WG SR. I'm also going to try to snap some pics, maybe my results with the Pinnacle twins are acceptable?

arkus
01-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Best thing for swirls are megs 105 and menz powergloss
. These should be followed up with finer polishes..............

pokey
01-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Here's a pic (pardon the dust in the trunk line, will be cleaning that out soon.

http://raiphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Spyder/P1010409/772821734_vGsqZ-L.jpg

pokey
01-24-2010, 11:29 PM
And another.... (I really appreciate all the advice by the way)

http://raiphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Spyder/P1010410/772826354_AqjNQ-XL.jpg

Mike Phillips
01-25-2010, 09:23 AM
The Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover offers more abrading ability than the most aggressive product in the Pinnacle line, which is the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover.

The Wolfgang Twins are very easy to work with because they have a long buffing cycle or play time. M205 has a long buffing cycle but M105 has a history of having a short buffing cycle and if it's drying up too quickly it can also be hard to wipe off.

Pretty color and nice photography work.

:)

sullysdetailing
01-25-2010, 10:29 AM
What Pads did you use and what speed was your DA on?
Where your pads clean?
Did you uses clean and good microfibers?
How many section passes did you do?
Did you try going over the section more then once?
I had a 2006 Eclipse GT that was black. Pinnacle Twins did wonders for me. Mitsu has pretty soft clear coat as most Jap cars do.

pokey
01-25-2010, 04:07 PM
What Pads did you use and what speed was your DA on?
Where your pads clean?
Did you uses clean and good microfibers?
How many section passes did you do?
Did you try going over the section more then once?
I had a 2006 Eclipse GT that was black. Pinnacle Twins did wonders for me. Mitsu has pretty soft clear coat as most Jap cars do.

New pads on a Flex 3401 at 5. Section passes I would guess 5-6 (started to dust on me). Did try it more than once (3). Maybe a small improvement each time.

Thanks for any help :)

sullysdetailing
01-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Pad Brands and color?

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-25-2010, 06:27 PM
The Pinnacle swirl removers are pretty weak. As suggested you will need to get better polishes, like the Wolfgang twins, Menzerna, or better yet , Megs 105 and 205 since you are using the da.

pokey
01-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Pad Brands and color?

Lake country orange and white

Thank you

DARK HORSE
01-26-2010, 02:16 AM
The Pinnacle swirl removers are pretty weak. As suggested you will need to get better polishes, like the Wolfgang twins, Menzerna, or better yet , Megs 105 and 205 since you are using the da.

:whs::whs::whs: WG twins are very easy to work with and should correct that rather easily.