PDA

View Full Version : Micro-Restore detergent

Shane731
01-24-2010, 03:55 PM
OK, so Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent is supposed to be able to be used in the washing machine, correct? Does anybody know if this is safe to use if you're on a septic system? Will this detergent be effective if you just put it in a bucket with water and throw your microfibers in for a couple hours? Thanks!

DLB
01-24-2010, 04:31 PM
I have never let the MR just sit in a bucket with my MF in it, but I have used it in the washing machine several times.

I will also venture to say that it is safe on a septic system, seeing how I have had no problems with mine. All it is is a detergent that seems pretty mild really - so you should be good.

I think it does a great job cleaning the MF and leaves them feeling new again. YMMV.

DLB

Bunky
01-24-2010, 08:45 PM
I have soaked mf (mitts) in a bucket with mf detergent but is intended for use in a washer.

I have selected the pre-soak cycle on the washer which adds about 15 min to the wash cycle.

kovalchuk71
01-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Does the wax from the MF's gum up the washer? Thats the only thing that concerns me.

loudog2
01-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Does the wax from the MF's gum up the washer? Thats the only thing that concerns me.
Hot water should melt that.