PDA

View Full Version : yay! ANOTHER Wax thread!

Pages : [1] 2

Kris R
01-24-2010, 10:08 AM
Really....I'm so sorry guys. :nomore:

I'm a huge advocate of searching and searching but I'm just not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a good wax I can use thats sold in bulk for my detailing. I looked at the x-press wax in the Meguiars detailer line but havnt heard many good things about it. I've been using NXT liquid and paste with good results. Dont know if the durability is all that great.

I dont want to spend a ton on wax for detailing but want something that lasts and i can buy in bulk. Any ideas?

ScottB
01-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Not to sound crass, but if you are a detailer dont you want a wax that is relatively cheap, looks great initially, can be sold in bulk, and wears down quick enough that client will spring for another full detail within a month or two??? (durability would not be your main concern, correct)

Either way, lots of options here.
Buy car care products in bulk or case lots for valuable savings! Microfiber multi-packs, gallon sizes, bundles of towels, and full cases of your (http://www.autogeek.net/discount-car-care.html)
Megs, Poorboys, Pinnacle and more ...

AeroCleanse
01-24-2010, 10:57 AM
Really....I'm so sorry guys. :nomore:

I'm a huge advocate of searching and searching but I'm just not finding exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a good wax I can use thats sold in bulk for my detailing. I looked at the x-press wax in the Meguiars detailer line but havnt heard many good things about it. I've been using NXT liquid and paste with good results. Dont know if the durability is all that great.

I dont want to spend a ton on wax for detailing but want something that lasts and i can buy in bulk. Any ideas?

Check out Optimum Spray Wax, I know you can buy it by the gallon, not sure if you can get larger sizes.

I don't think AG sells it anymore, but System One Wax can be had in sizes up to 55 gallon drums.

Kris R
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Not to sound crass, but if you are a detailer dont you want a wax that is relatively cheap, looks great initially, can be sold in bulk, and wears down quick enough that client will spring for another full detail within a month or two??? (durability would not be your main concern, correct)

Either way, lots of options here.
Buy car care products in bulk or case lots for valuable savings! Microfiber multi-packs, gallon sizes, bundles of towels, and full cases of your (http://www.autogeek.net/discount-car-care.html)
Megs, Poorboys, Pinnacle and more ...

Yeah a month or two would be great. Im just wary of buying OTC products for I feel the majority of them are watered down. I use NXT on the wifes CRV with decent results. I DO like the easy on/off and the shine is great.

So is there another easy on off product i can look for thats not too expensive? Im headed towards poorboys.

And is it safe to reason that paste lasts longer than wax? I dont know...thanks

Old Tiger
01-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Must agree on OCW. A little goes a long way and it applies like a QD! $40 a gallon! Also have heard good things about DG Aqua Wax.

turbos17
01-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Must agree on OCW. A little goes a long way and it applies like a QD! $40 a gallon! Also have heard good things about DG Aqua Wax.

OCW? Yes, the NXT is easy on and off, but it doesn't last long. The DG Aqua Wax has awesome reviews and is now in my cart for my next purchase. Can't wait to try it!

christian900se
01-24-2010, 12:07 PM

OCW? Yes, the NXT is easy on and off, but it doesn't last long. The DG Aqua Wax has awesome reviews and is now in my cart for my next purchase. Can't wait to try it!

Aquawax is amazing stuff, and has a month of durability on its own which is very impressive for something that basically feels like a QD in application.

FYI: I mixed 3 parts FK425 with 1 part DG Aquawax to see what it did and it was very good.

AeroCleanse
01-24-2010, 01:21 PM
So is there another easy on off product i can look for thats not too expensive? Im headed towards poorboys.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Optimum Opti-Seal are very easy on and they don't need to be buffed off at all.

ScottB
01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
And is it safe to reason that paste lasts longer than wax? I dont know...thanks

I remember when years ago paste offerings were said to have more nuba and thus they "might" offer better protection. Who knows .. they are just easy to use and usually have less solvents than their liquid counterparts.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Optimum Opti-Seal are very easy on and they don't need to be buffed off at all.

These are great WOWA sealants but tread carefully at first. Very light, light coats or you will see some streaking. Ultima can be a bear to remove if it streaks and sits to long. Both do seem to help with a quick detailer wipe down around 10-15 minutes after application.

AeroCleanse
01-24-2010, 04:10 PM
These are great WOWA sealants but tread carefully at first. Very light, light coats or you will see some streaking. Ultima can be a bear to remove if it streaks and sits to long. Both do seem to help with a quick detailer wipe down around 10-15 minutes after application.

Just follow the directions to the letter and its fine. Prime the pad with two spritzes then one spritz on the pad for each panel / section. If you can see it, you have used too much.

akimel
01-24-2010, 06:28 PM
If you like the look that NXT gives, then get yourself a half-gallon jug of M21 Synthetic Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars21.html).

mackdaddyhibble
01-24-2010, 07:23 PM
:whs:
If you like the look that NXT gives, then get yourself a half-gallon jug of M21 Synthetic Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars21.html).

flaco
01-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Duragloss Aquawax in the gallon container is a great value.

Old Tiger
01-25-2010, 01:07 PM
I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS COMMENT. oc = oPTIMUM Car Wax which by many accounts compares favorably to DG Aqua Wax. So why the question mark?

turbos17
01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS COMMENT. oc = oPTIMUM Car Wax which by many accounts compares favorably to DG Aqua Wax. So why the question mark?

No need for CAPS! I was asking what was OCW, because I didn't what it was. Sorry too many damn "abbreviations" if you ask me. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation. :props: