PDA

View Full Version : high end wax opinion

Pages : [1] 2

JonM
01-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Alright so I've had a bad itch with waxes so far and considering I have both Fuzion and Souveran I want to try out other companies.

For those of you who have been able to try Swissvax Concorsa and Zymol Concours (I think that's the one) what are your opinions? Furthermore which company would you recommend over the other.

Waxes I currently have
-Pinnacle Series 2
-Souveran
-Fuzion
-Nattys Red

I swear its an addiction (scratches neck rapidly)

jpegs13
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
I have all of them, Fuzion wins hands down

loudog2
01-23-2010, 02:18 PM
My 3 current favorites are supernatural, fuzion and RBOE. I use the 13 others on freinds and family.

DARK HORSE
01-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Alright so I've had a bad itch with waxes so far and considering I have both Fuzion and Souveran I want to try out other companies.

For those of you who have been able to try Swissvax Concorsa and Zymol Concours (I think that's the one) what are your opinions? Furthermore which company would you recommend over the other.

Waxes I currently have
-Pinnacle Series 2
-Souveran
-Fuzion
-Nattys Red

I swear its an addiction (scratches neck rapidly)

It sounds like you too may find some comfort in this attached thread...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/21761-do-i-need-aa.html

JonM
01-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Jpegs, maybe I can swing by for a quick wash and wax on the S5 and a ride in the Murc haha

And Loudog, I've haven't heard anything special about Supernatural, actually just bland comments. You really like it? And as far as Rubbish boys- I just started to hear about it. Where can I find it?

loudog2
01-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Jpegs, maybe I can swing by for a quick wash and wax on the S5 and a ride in the Murc haha

And Loudog, I've haven't heard anything special about Supernatural, actually just bland comments. You really like it? And as far as Rubbish boys- I just started to hear about it. Where can I find it?
AG sells the small sample container of rboe in one of the dodo tubes. Other than that, you have to buy the big one from overseas.

Supernatural is a little more finicky than fuzion. But it is the only one that my neighbors asked"Wow!! What did you use this time?" I mean, they always say my car blinds them in the sunlight with fuzion and RBOE also. Super just caught their attention more. Nothing beats fuzion's easy application though. RBOE is just like supernatural, maybe a little tougher to apply.

JonM
01-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Loudog what are the other waxes you own just for reference.

loudog2
01-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Supernatural, fuzion, souveran paste, souveran liquid, P21S 100%, diamond white, banana armour, hard candy, RBOE, natty's red, Blue velvet, SSII, NXT 2.0, megs gold class

And 2 sealants(DGPS and JS 109)

JonM
01-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Jesus....I thought I was bad. Hope you're attending the next AA meeting as well! Haha nice collection...I love my Nattys red

AeroCleanse
01-23-2010, 03:23 PM
I use Swissvax Saphir and really like it. RBOE can only be bought directly from England unless you buy the kit AG sells that has a sample pot. GOOGLE SEARCH : RUBBISH BOYS

JonM
01-23-2010, 03:40 PM
I use Swissvax Saphir and really like it. RBOE can only be bought directly from England unless you buy the kit AG sells that has a sample pot.

Hmm so you like the Saphir? I'm leaning towards the concorso right now. Any opinion on that?

AeroCleanse
01-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Hmm so you like the Saphir? I'm leaning towards the concorso right now. Any opinion on that?

Concorso is the next step up from Saphir. I would say if you can afford it, go for it. I couldn't when I bought mine, so I got Saphir.

I'm not sure if Concorso is the same as Saphir in this respect...but if you leave the car out in the sun for an hour after your done, it gets glossier.

JonM
01-23-2010, 04:27 PM
Concorso is the next step up from Saphir. I would say if you can afford it, go for it. I couldn't when I bought mine, so I got Saphir.

I'm not sure if Concorso is the same as Saphir in this respect...but if you leave the car out in the sun for an hour after your done, it gets glossier.

I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems Concorso is exactly what I'm looking for- deep wet shine. I can't wait to do a 4 wax test on the hood this spring if I do get it (fuzion, souveran, nattys or ss2, and concorso). The fact that it melts in your hands and you can apply it like so really appeals to me haha idk. If anyone has any other input I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Lowprofile
01-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Fuzion.

Laura
01-23-2010, 05:25 PM
I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems Concorso is exactly what I'm looking for- deep wet shine. I can't wait to do a 4 wax test on the hood this spring if I do get it (fuzion, souveran, nattys or ss2, and concorso). The fact that it melts in your hands and you can apply it like so really appeals to me haha idk. If anyone has any other input I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Jon - What sealants are you using? Have you done any sealant-wax combo testing? I basically only use Wolfgang DGPS with Fuzion so I can't really compare it to anything. But, it seems to me that it is the DGPS that adds most of the depth and shine while Fuzion adds a kind of warm glow. So if Concorso doesn't completely satisfy your itch, you might want to consider playing around with new sealants as well.