PDA

View Full Version : How often would you have to do paint correction on a DD?

spike
01-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Just wondering...when I get to finally work on my car and use the new flex I got for Christmas, I hope to remove the swirls from my 1999 camry xle. After I do this, how long do you think the finish will last, as in, how long can I go without having to do a full paint correction again? I know most of the factors will be how I wash it and dry it, and avoiding putting swirls back in the paint, etc...but with just considering for a moment that I won't be putting any swirls in the paint by incorrect washing (which I know might be impossible), how long does a freshly machine polished car go without needing paint correction again? Just looking for a general answer from your experiences.

Irish
01-23-2010, 12:33 PM
I polish my (black) daily driver once a year. Coming up on my year in March, I've got some very fine swirling which will be easily corrected with 106FA on a LC Black.

loudog2
01-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Twice a year.(Fall and Spring)

zinc02gt
01-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Twice a year.(Fall and Spring)
:iagree: and it should only need light correction if it was taken care of correctly.

Wax Gorilla
01-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Two or three times a year depending on weekly or dailey care and proper washing technique.