PDA

View Full Version : Shipping peanuts and static electricity

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ShaunD
07-18-2011, 11:53 PM
I actually like the peanuts! It's like an Easter egg hunt when your package arrives!! :D

No doubt! I always dump the peanuts out to make sure nothing is left in the box that might have been loose. When I got the pad I spoke of, I reached right in the box thru the peanuts, grabbed the pad, closed the box, and added to the collection.:laughing:

sohail99
07-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Those peanuts can be a mess!
But they really save my ordered items from abuse of the shipping company which is inevitable!!

I don't mind them at all, because its because of them, I get my stuff intact and in the correct position! :)

oldmodman
07-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Why not just give them to your cat?

Rsurfer
07-19-2011, 02:17 AM
LMAO:xyxthumbs::props::dblthumb2:

sohail99
07-19-2011, 03:17 AM
LOL! Nice! :laughing:

DaHen
07-19-2011, 04:43 AM

Good grief. That must have been fun getting those peanuts off. lol

JSMet
07-19-2011, 05:25 AM
The only time I had a package leak was a container of Microfiber cleaner fluid that cracked that was shipped from Griot's Garage. It was packed with the shipping paper that they use. I never had a leak from boxes shipped from AG packed with styrofoam peanuts.

BobbyG
07-19-2011, 06:01 AM
We have too much free time, we talking about peanuts.......

BINGO!! :props:

jbgrant
07-19-2011, 08:38 AM

Haha great photo. I believe the cat has a look of mild concern which makes it better!

erock
07-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Ask and you shall recieve!!! All you need to do is put a comment in the provided box and AG will use paper on your order.Nice brown recyclable paper!

DaHen
07-19-2011, 09:43 AM
We have too much free time, we talking about peanuts.......

And not even the kind we can eat...................... :hungry:

waxman1
07-19-2011, 05:54 PM
hey,several yrs ago,we put them in a ground hawg hole.it kiled them.dont know if they ate them,they cut off the air,but it did them in.and the air pillows are neat when you put them behind a tire,so when they back up,it pops. even better on a forklift tire. or tape several to a tire when they leave, pop,pop,pop,etc. gets folks laughing.

unclestu
07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
It is funny how packing pop corn came to being. At one time it actually was pop corn. It seems that there was a very cleaver guy that realized that movie theaters would throw out the unused pop corn as it would start to get stale. Well this guy went around collecting the day old pop corn from the movie theaters and started using it as packing material for his deliveries and the rest is history.
As for todays version of the packing material. I found out when some of the stuff fell into the sink that when it comes in contact with water the stuff melts faster than the wicked witch of the west in the Wizard Of OZ. LOL

Tomorrow we will discuss bubble wrap

Stu

Setec Astronomy
07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
It is funny how packing pop corn came to being. At one time it actually was pop corn. It seems that there was a very cleaver guy that realized that movie theaters would throw out the unused pop corn as it would start to get stale. Well this guy went around collecting the day old pop corn from the movie theaters and started using it as packing material for his deliveries and the rest is history.

I'm sorry, I have to call BS on that one. From Wikipedia and other sources: "Polystyrene-based packing peanuts were introduced circa 1965 by Dow Chemical" and they had a patent on it too. I'm kind of doubting the efficacy of stale buttered popcorn as being a packing material for a lot of things.

As for todays version of the packing material. I found out when some of the stuff fell into the sink that when it comes in contact with water the stuff melts faster than the wicked witch of the west in the Wizard Of OZ. LOL

Yeah, those starch ones sure are cool, and they're not staticy either.