PDA

View Full Version : Why no classifieds section?

kovalchuk71
01-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Just curious as to why there isn't a for sale/buying section for people looking to sell their DA's, Rotarys, and other detailing products to good homes? Im looking for a used DA and was curious.

budman3
01-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Well this forum is a suppliment to Autogeek.net and having a classified section could take away sales at AG. Plus it's getting harder and harder to find honest people and I'm sure AG doesn't want to get into that stuff

DonMTV
01-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Probably because they are a company that sells detailing supplies and tools, and they have this forum to talk about the products they sell. It would put a dent in sales if they had a secondary market selling things. They give great discounts, BOGO, and VIP specials so there is always a good deal. Craigslist would be a good spot for used stuff.

OCDetails
01-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Also it is too easy for spammers to get in when you have a classified section. Someone just happened to buy 10,000 microfiber towels and now wants to sell them to forum members for a good deal. Or someone just happened to come across samples from a new product manufacturer and wants to sell them on the site. Sites like this have enough problems to deal with than to have to deal with shills and spammers who only come here to push products. You'll notice the only products discussed are the ones carried on Autogeek's website. Fortunately they carry so much good stuff that there is plenty to talk about. Basically look at this as just part of the Autogeek store. I'd bet you anything that Nordstroms isn't going to let you set a booth up inside their store to sell products either. ;)

ScottB
01-22-2010, 10:32 PM
When the site was first designed it was decided that reselling would be off limits. Occassionally the rule was lifted on one or two items that Autogeek did not offer to enhance the detailing experience, and each time something went wrong or late it became a blood bath on site and AG had to get involved.

There are indeed sites that will allow selling and reselling of products, but we have chosen to follow the original design. I respect the choice and hope you all do also.