PDA

View Full Version : New car question

keepitclean
01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
2010 Lexus RX 350 (Silver on black) will be here soon. I figure after a few months I'll put a finishing touch on the paint and interior. For the paint I have on hand (a PC 7424) Wolfgang glaze and sealant, plenty of MF towels, etc. This car is going to be a daily driver. I need to place an order and wondering if I should stick with the WG products I have on hand or should I go to a wax product(s). Also and interior recommendations would be appreciated. Sometimes when reading and trying to select from all the products AG offers it gets a little over welming.................thanks.

ScottB
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Wheels -- P21S or Griots Wheel Cleaner
Rubber Surrounds -- Einszett Rubber Stick
Wash --- Poorboy, Duragloss, Optimum
Polishes -- Menzerna's are just perfect
Wax/Sealant --- Wolfgang 3.0 and perhaps Fuzion Mini (sale now)
Dressing -- Poorboys Bright/Bold
Interior --- Einszett Cockpit Premium
Leather -- Einszett Leather Care

Wash -- Clay -- Polish -- Protect

start now and it will be easy street for the rest of your ownership. Just remember to use good wash and drying techniques too.

keepitclean
01-22-2010, 08:01 AM
excellent........... thanks

Can you machine apply Fuzion or is it best to apply by hand?

Mike Phillips
01-22-2010, 04:02 PM
For the paint I have on hand (a PC 7424)

I never know if a person means the PC 7424Xp or the PC 7424 because often times people don't type out the entire name.

If you have the 7424, that is a first generation PC, then if you purchase any new foam pads stick with the 5.5" pads as it will be much easier for the first generation PC to rotate the pads.

See this thread...

WG TSR/FG & PC 7335 Technique (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/21942-wg-tsr-fg-pc-7335-technique.html)

:buffing:

keepitclean
01-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks Mike

It's an XP.....PC.

Wax Gorilla
01-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I like to apply Fusion by hand ( no pad ) using the palm of my hand - in other words a hand rubbed finish ! Always over perfectly corrected paint and never over glaze !

DARK HORSE
01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
excellent........... thanks

Can you machine apply Fuzion or is it best to apply by hand?

It's best applied by hand, or with a foam applicator by hand...You will use less product and I find it much more rewarding. I like using a foam applicator by hand. Remember a VERY THIN layer is best.

keepitclean
01-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Now have on hand and/or be here soon..............

PC 7424XP
Wolfgang.........Sealant & Glaze (right now only planning only to use Sealant)
Duragloss car wash
Griots wheel cleaner
Poor Boys bold & bright tire dressing
Out of stock: Einszett interior dressing
Einszett leather
I'll get my clay locally
and to top it off Fuzion

**I'm thinking sealant then Fuzion**

all this for my wife's 2010 Lexus. I hope she'll call me sweetie after this.

Any other sugesstions??

I also have a couple other cars to keep up.....

Mike Phillips
01-27-2010, 10:03 AM
Any other suggestions??

I don't see a SMR in your list?

SMR = Swirl Mark Remover

The Wolfgang Finishing Glaze is a very light SMR but in case you need some extra muscle pick up a 16 ounce bottle of its twin, Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover.

Then with your 7424XP and the right pad and good technique you can tackle most of anything that will come your way.

:)

keepitclean
01-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Mike

I have Wolfgang's SMR but didn't list it because the car is new and hopefully doesn't need that application. If any exist I plan to use it if needed, I have been well pleased with the Wolfgang products (SMR, Sealant and glaze) I've had the car 3 days and the weather has not been that good to inspect it closely. I have used the Wolfgang SMR on two other cars with very good sucess. This weekend Saturday the high is suppose to be 27 and even my garage is cold.........thanks for your reply and your videos.....I almost feel like I know what I'm doing. :xyxthumbs: