View Full Version : Is this right?

08krewkab
01-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Is this right.......

Wash
Clay
p21s cleanser
p21s 100% carnauba wax

not sure if this is the correct order of if I am missing something between washing and waxing....thanks

zinc02gt
01-21-2010, 02:01 PM
No need for the cleanser IMO. Your paint should be clean enough after a good claybar job. Order looks good.

What are your pad choices and what machine?

Also, on black 205 leaves a little more gloss to be made up. Do you have a finishing polish like XMT #1, Ultrafina, or P085RD?

Do you have any sealant? The P21S 100% will be fine, but a sealant will offer a little more protection.

08krewkab
01-21-2010, 02:06 PM
sorry it will be the orange pad for the 105 and the white pad for the 205...

would i use a sealant insteado of the wax or sealant then wax? Thanks

zinc02gt
01-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Are you familiar with the KBM? To me, that is the only way to use the Meg's Twins correctly. Orange pad should get most swirls and light scratches.

You can do one of two things with a sealant. A) Leave it by itself. Example would be Blackfire Wet Diamond. B) Apply thing coat of sealant, let cure for a few hours, then come back and apply a coat of carnauba after wiping the cured sealant off.

08krewkab
01-21-2010, 02:16 PM
I am not familiar with the KBM ..... i will search thanks

08krewkab
01-21-2010, 02:18 PM
Are you familiar with the KBM? To me, that is the only way to use the Meg's Twins correctly. Orange pad should get most swirls and light scratches.

You can do one of two things with a sealant. A) Leave it by itself. Example would be Blackfire Wet Diamond. B) Apply thing coat of sealant, let cure for a few hours, then come back and apply a coat of carnauba after wiping the cured sealant off.

Thanks.... one more thing the p21s wax usually only last one month.. so if I go with the option b next month could i just use the p21s wax again or would i need the sealant once again?

zinc02gt
01-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks.... one more thing the p21s wax usually only last one month.. so if I go with the option b next month could i just use the p21s wax again or would i need the sealant once again?

Most sealants will last around 4-6 months, but there are many variables like environment and DD status.

If you do both sealant and wax, you should apply only a coat of P21S.

The KBM is all about pad priming. Autopia has great links for it.

Kevin Brown Method - Cliff Note version - Autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/121926-kevin-brown-method-cliff-note-version.html)

Just make sure you follow the Meguiar's Online link

PAR Detailing
01-21-2010, 02:24 PM

You dont have to reseal, you can just put on another layer of p21s. You only need to reseal maybe 2 times per year or so maybe 3 depending on where you are living and the conditions the vehicle sees.

08krewkab
01-21-2010, 02:25 PM
thanks again for your help

BobbyG
01-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Is this right.......

Wash
Clay
p21s cleanser
p21s 100% carnauba wax

not sure if this is the correct order of if I am missing something between washing and waxing....thanks

The thing that I do after finishing with M205 I clean the panel with Isopropyl Alcohol to remove any oils that could affect the next layer from bonding properly. You could also add a sealant between the M205 and wax for a long lasting protection and shine.