PDA

View Full Version : Foam Gun Newbie

SVTContour
10-09-2006, 08:07 PM
I just used my quart size foam gun for the first time on Friday. At first I added the entire 2 oz. sample of DP Xtreme Foam soap and 8 oz. of water like the directions say. The 8 ounces of water didn't even fill the container up half way, but I figured I would proceed. So, I set the ratio adjuster to the maximum (far right) and let it rip! The contents in the container only lasted 2 minutes MAX! and I was a little disappointed.

Next, I decided I would try it out again. So, I added about 2 ounces of Poorboy's Super Slick & Sunds, but this time I filled the container up about 90% of the way with water. I also, set the ratio adjuster back 2 spots. This time it worked much better, and I was able to do a pre-soak on my car and also lead my sheepskin mit while washing my car for the entire wash process.

I am just a little baffled why when I followed the directions on the DP soap it only lasted for two minutes? Was I not suppose to set it to the most concentratred dillution ratio? :confused: Does anybody have any tips or suggestions for me being new at the Foam Gun? Thanks.

Padron
10-10-2006, 08:53 AM
I haven't bought one yet, but I am sure some others will chime in... It sounds like the Max setting is best used for highly soiled areas, where the middle setting is for a normal wash?

FloridaNative
10-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I just add about 2-4 ounces of the DP soap to the canister and fill the rest with water. I set it on about 3 clicks and I get lots of foam and it lasts me the entire wash. :)

Meghan
10-10-2006, 09:06 AM
Helps if you shake the canister every few mins. gets it foaming.

sparkie
10-10-2006, 09:46 PM
Helps if you shake the canister every few mins. gets it foaming.
When I shake mine, it leaks out the air hole.

SVTContour
10-10-2006, 09:58 PM
When I shake mine, it leaks out the air hole.

I noticed the same thing, so I just tried to swirl the solution around so that it wouldn't escape out the top.