PDA

View Full Version : Ultrafina

zinc02gt
01-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Just picked some up locally. Is is supposed to be in the purple bottle or the black bottle? They had both. I got the black one (not Ultrafina SE) because it's the one I've seen most commonly.

agpatel
01-20-2010, 06:09 PM
The new bottles are purple, dont know how recent the change was but as long as it says ultrafine on it you got the good stuf.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Just picked some up locally. Is is supposed to be in the purple bottle or the black bottle? They had both. I got the black one (not Ultrafina SE) because it's the one I've seen most commonly.

The black bottle is just older stock, the purple bottle is the current one being used. As long as the part# is 06068, you are good to go.

zinc02gt
01-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Cool. The purple bottle just threw me off for a minute.

Z06-Goose
01-20-2010, 11:23 PM
They cahnged the name also due to some legal mumble jumble.
It's no longer called Ultrafina it's now called Ultrafine same great product.
I love it...

Advanced Detailing
01-22-2010, 06:03 PM
My local supplier now carries 3M just called machine polish Step 1, 2 and 3. 3 being what ultrafina used to be.
When i wasn't sure if what he told me was true, i called 3M and they confirmed that that's what the polishes are called now.
So i assume that anyone who still carries Ultrafina or the other names is carying old stock.
And the two different compounds they had at first have now become Step 1.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-23-2010, 08:00 PM
My local supplier now carries 3M just called machine polish Step 1, 2 and 3. 3 being what ultrafina used to be.
When i wasn't sure if what he told me was true, i called 3M and they confirmed that that's what the polishes are called now.
So i assume that anyone who still carries Ultrafina or the other names is carying old stock.
And the two different compounds they had at first have now become Step 1.

The part number for Ultrafina/Ultrafine has not changed. So if the part # isn't 06068 like I posted above it is not Ultrafina/Ultrafine.