PDA

View Full Version : Drying

img
01-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I have almost every color/style/weave of drying towels, and they only seem to
push the water around (tried them wet/dry, and in between). I'm almost thinking
about pulling the plug and doing the BOGO chamois?

parboy
01-20-2010, 04:14 PM
I start by taking the leaf blower and knocking off the bulk of the water, then follow that up with my waffle weave. Works great for me, and gets all the water out of the crevices too. I'll usually do a section at a time (start at the top) with the blower then the towel, then move on until I get the whole car.

jlb85
01-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Have you washed the towels?

If not, do it! Seriously, it makes a big difference.

If so, did they get contaminated with softener? If you or anyone in the house has used softener liquid or sheets in the machines recently, your towels could be contaminated with softener, which makes them less absorbent. Thus they would just push water around.

And the final point: do not try to dry the car completely streak free and hard dry with the towels. If some moisture stays on the paint, do not fret. You should always use a QD for final wiping (with the correct plush or shag towel), be it removing polish or final drying after a wash.

With all this said, yes, there simply are towels that do much better than others, and it seems to be an intermittent problem during production, since some people love the same towel another person hates, only difference is the time when they were purchased.

ScottB
01-20-2010, 07:08 PM
never had an issue with absorbency with Waffle Weaves. Remember to never use fabric softner as can damage a towels ability to absorb properly however.