PDA

View Full Version : Just got my pads and Menzerna! AND......

Kris R
01-18-2010, 10:56 PM
This stuff is AWESOME!

I got the powergloss, SIP, 106 and the 85rd.

My black jeep has seen betters days. (Its a JEEP) So I taped off a section of the hood and washed and clayed it. Then got to town with the Powergloss and a 5.5 low profile orange pad (which i LOVE much better than the 6.5 pads) and my UDM. I have to say it looked pretty darn good after this.

Then I did the 106 with a while 5.5 pad. WOW even shinier!

Then I did the 85rd with a blue pad. Still looks great.

Then with a red 5.5 pad I applied 3m Performance finish paint sealant. I like paint sealants because it makes the color of the car deeper. more saturated. When i took the take off and wiped the rest off it was awesome. The polished spot was unreal clear. and it is actually a hard darker due to the sealant and removal of oxidation. very awesome stuff.

I have a rotary coming in 2 days and I already got my rotary ccs pads. I cant wait.

TLMitchell
01-19-2010, 12:31 AM
This stuff is AWESOME!

I got the powergloss, SIP, 106 and the 85rd.

You've got everything you need to go from a bad finish to excellent. Love Menz products but I can live without Power Gloss. It dusts enough to choke a horse.

My black jeep has seen betters days. (Its a JEEP) So I taped off a section of the hood and washed and clayed it. Then got to town with the Powergloss and a 5.5 low profile orange pad (which i LOVE much better than the 6.5 pads) and my UDM.

Where'd you find the 5.5" low profile pads? Only low profiles I see anywhere are the 4" that AG carries. I actually prefer them to the taller pads for some jobs.

I have a rotary coming in 2 days and I already got my rotary ccs pads. I cant wait.

Boy, you're going to have some fun now. :buffing:

TL

Rsurfer
01-19-2010, 12:46 AM
What kind of rotary did you order?

Matt
01-19-2010, 04:40 AM
NICE! Will be looking forward to the full write up :props:

Kris R
01-19-2010, 02:31 PM
I'll definately be practicing on my black jeep when I get the rotary. I ordered a makita. It comes with a bag, a backing plate (already have the LC backing plate to replace it) and two wool pads. 192.00 free shipping from Amazon.

I'll give a detailed full write up when done!

Wendell Jarvis
01-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Sounds like you made several great choices, The Makita !!! and Menzerna....my Favorite product line in the world....

Kris R
01-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Sounds like you made several great choices, The Makita !!! and Menzerna....my Favorite product line in the world....

Well it's a funny thing, I spent months reading this site and debating how to step up my game. I mean I can detail very well but it's taking me way to long with what I use. And frankly I'm not terribly happy with my stuff. I was REAL close to buying a flex but ultimately you can get great results with a rotary. So I figured just pull the trigger, get over the fear and get the experience under my belt. And with as many high end Cars I'm doing I figured menz would be the best bet.

I almost went with some kompressor pads but ran out of experiment money.

Wendell Jarvis
01-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Well it's a funny thing, I spent months reading this site and debating how to step up my game. I mean I can detail very well but it's taking me way to long with what I use. And frankly I'm not terribly happy with my stuff. I was REAL close to buying a flex but ultimately you can get great results with a rotary. So I figured just pull the trigger, get over the fear and get the experience under my belt. And with as many high end Cars I'm doing I figured menz would be the best bet.

I almost went with some kompressor pads but ran out of experiment money.

Man, believe this or not, I sounded exactly like you ( I am sure there are others too) but, just like you said, I wanted to step my game up by several notches, again, like you said I am good but it takes me a long long time.......came close also of getting the Flex and realized, heck...I really want a Rotary..aka....Makita, getting a Flex I felt like I was still playing it safe...So, I also got a Makita.......Life and detailing have not been the same since....you are gonna love it, also I personally think a rotary provides a shine unparalleled to any dual action...more of a luster shine..... just had to comment....you sounded identical to me.....plus I love me some Menzerna !!!!

ScottB
01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
best part of Menzerna, anyone can use it cause its simple and works exceptionally well for professional and novice alike. I love the polishes.

Kris R
01-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Man, believe this or not, I sounded exactly like you ( I am sure there are others too) but, just like you said, I wanted to step my game up by several notches, again, like you said I am good but it takes me a long long time.......came close also of getting the Flex and realized, heck...I really want a Rotary..aka....Makita, getting a Flex I felt like I was still playing it safe...So, I also got a Makita.......Life and detailing have not been the same since....you are gonna love it, also I personally think a rotary provides a shine unparalleled to any dual action...more of a luster shine..... just had to comment....you sounded identical to me.....plus I love me some Menzerna !!!!

thats awesome Wendell! Thats encouraging for sure. Im excited to experiment and see what I can do.