PDA

View Full Version : Been a long time, but want to do a full detail this or next weekend few questions

Pages : [1] 2 3

onexvi3tboi
01-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Well, I did a full detail a year ago and once or twice a month i would do a quick detail or full one.

Recently, I haven't been able to do anything, and want to do a full detail. Only problem is over the year some of the paint been chipping off because of bird crap and other stuff. What can I do to fix those? Second, I still use Pinnacle product. I plan to:

1. Wash with Pinnacle shampoo
2. Clay with Meg. Kit
3. Use Pinnacle cleansing kit.
4. Rinse with water and Dry with microfiber.
5. Put on some WG Gloss Sealant.
6. Let it sit for about 4-5 hours and then put on some Pinnacle Souveran Wax.

Tires: I'm planning on using: DP Gloss Tire Gel and DP Wheel Glaze and also Surf City Absolutely for the rims.

Interior: I'm planning on using the Pinnacle Interior Kit for the Leather seats.

Window: Need to find something good for that. Not sure what, suggestion?

Thanks guys for all the help. Hopefully I can bring this car shine back to what I had it before.

onexvi3tboi
01-18-2010, 09:16 PM
The car is in great shape, no dent at all, i been so careful where I park, only bad thing is the front passenger side near wheel has a scratch. Fiancee tried to parallel park and because of the Sport kit, scratch it against the curb.

I'll have picture up ASAP.

onexvi3tboi
01-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Any opinion or suggestion on getting fixing the chip paint from the dirt and bird crap is highly appreciated. I really want to make this car look like when i first did it.

klasse i heard a lot of people use this for white car. How is it? anyone have picture of a white car they did with klasse i would like to see.

I really want a wet look on the car. I want to be able to see my reflection in the car.

Matt S.
01-19-2010, 04:30 PM
For windows, I prefer Diamondite Perfect Vision. Stoner Invisible Glass and Sprayway are also great glass cleaners.

Not really sure what you're asking about the chipped paint...if the paint is scraped off, you'll want to take it to a body shop. If it's a small area, they can spray it and blend it, and it shouldn't cost much at all.

Klasse AIO is a great product and will really brighten the finish. Top it with Wolfgang and/or Souveran and you'll have a wet, reflective finish.

onexvi3tboi
01-19-2010, 07:34 PM
should i stick with wolfgang sealant or klasse sealant? I was going to use wolfgang sealant and pinnacle carnauba wax or should i change the carnauba to a souveran like u said?

they are little small spot of black that doesn't come out so i assume the paint was chip. I am not sure what they are called. They are small black spot on car, seem to me like paint came off, mostly on the front hood and the front bumper.

For Engine, what should I use to clean it, not really familiar with cleaning engine. I don't have a pressure washer would i need one?

same with carpet and leather seat, im using pinnacle leather shampoo and conditioner; is that fine?

Thanks again Matt

onexvi3tboi
01-19-2010, 07:37 PM
The stuff i got with these to put on the tire; DP Gloss Tire Gel and DP Wheel Glaze

the tire applicator pad is so dirty when i put on wheel. Is there any product i can get at autozone or something like that, that i can use to put on tire and be able to wash it and clean the pads. Thanks.

turbos17
01-21-2010, 11:08 AM
should i stick with wolfgang sealant or klasse sealant? I was going to use wolfgang sealant and pinnacle carnauba wax or should i change the carnauba to a souveran like u said?

they are little small spot of black that doesn't come out so i assume the paint was chip. I am not sure what they are called. They are small black spot on car, seem to me like paint came off, mostly on the front hood and the front bumper.

For Engine, what should I use to clean it, not really familiar with cleaning engine. I don't have a pressure washer would i need one?

same with carpet and leather seat, im using pinnacle leather shampoo and conditioner; is that fine?

Thanks again Matt

Engine - Simple Green or Purple Power (4:1) mixed. Then pressure wash @ a safe distance, scrub w/ brush if needed, spray with Armor Tire Foam or Stoners More Shine, close hood, start car, let idle and bake for 20 mins (this lets the water evaporate and allows the dressing to absorb into plastics and rubbers), turn of car, wipe down, all done. :props:

For carpets that is fine. You can also use Simple Green, DP Interior Cleaner, or Meg's APC.

The stuff i got with these to put on the tire; DP Gloss Tire Gel and DP Wheel Glaze

the tire applicator pad is so dirty when i put on wheel. Is there any product i can get at autozone or something like that, that i can use to put on tire and be able to wash it and clean the pads. Thanks.

For tires it is your choice. I like Stoners More Shine, Armor All Tire Foam, or 303 for the matte look. Water based dressings will come off easier. And the use of quality cleaner will ad in the removal of the old product so when you apply the new your applicators don't get trashed.

onexvi3tboi
01-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info turbos17. Another question, would i need a rotary to do the swirl removing and such? i mean my car is an 09, i usually do the basic steps of wash clay lotion sealant wax.

Do you have any suggestion that you feel is better than poorboys bug squash? Also how do you feel about klasse aio? I'm currently using the Pinnicle Kit, i believe its the natural brilliant...

thanks for all the info.

onexvi3tboi
01-30-2010, 01:13 PM
bump

any other idea? im planning to do a full detail tomorrow. i still didn't get the klasse aio yet so i guess im using the pinnacle cleansing lotion for now.

Still don't know what to do with the bug squash, didn't get it, any good one out there that over the counter? that i can get from autozone or something? that will work as good as poorboys bug squash. I'm going to use pinnacle shampoo but it doesn't really get out the dead bug that well.

onexvi3tboi
01-30-2010, 01:32 PM
about to place an order of pinnacle wheel and tire kit, klasse aio, and poorboys bug squash...what do you think of the kit?

Matt S.
01-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the info turbos17. Another question, would i need a rotary to do the swirl removing and such? i mean my car is an 09, i usually do the basic steps of wash clay lotion sealant wax.

Do you have any suggestion that you feel is better than poorboys bug squash? Also how do you feel about klasse aio? I'm currently using the Pinnicle Kit, i believe its the natural brilliant...

thanks for all the info.

Rotary is not required. DA polishers can achieve a good amount of correction (Porter Cable 7424XP, Meguiar's G110, Griot's polisher).

bump

any other idea? im planning to do a full detail tomorrow. i still didn't get the klasse aio yet so i guess im using the pinnacle cleansing lotion for now.

Still don't know what to do with the bug squash, didn't get it, any good one out there that over the counter? that i can get from autozone or something? that will work as good as poorboys bug squash. I'm going to use pinnacle shampoo but it doesn't really get out the dead bug that well.

AIO or cleansing lotion can be used to remove dried on bug guts. :props:

about to place an order of pinnacle wheel and tire kit, klasse aio, and poorboys bug squash...what do you think of the kit?

Good products all around, you can't really go wrong with anything by Pinnacle, Klasse, or Poorboy's.

onexvi3tboi
01-30-2010, 03:18 PM
so i don't need to use poorboys to remove the dead bugs? I can use the cleansing lotion?

porter cable? would i need that to make the car look even more shiner? i know its use to remove swirl and such, what else does it do? will it increase the look of my car? please read my other post regarding a detail i did with the white car, would it improve the car a lot? Thanks again Matt for all the info. I'm anxious in doing the car this weekend.

Any product at autozone you recommend i use for the tire(applicator pad) because i'm going to use the dp tire gel and such but i don't have an applicator pad. Also for window, what should i get at autozone for it?

Last question: I have the DP tire gel set, would that work good or should i get the pinnacle kit. I mean i have DP tire set already.

Thank you a lot AGO for all the info.

Matt S.
01-30-2010, 03:30 PM
so i don't need to use poorboys to remove the dead bugs? I can use the cleansing lotion?

porter cable? would i need that to make the car look even more shiner? i know its use to remove swirl and such, what else does it do? will it increase the look of my car? please read my other post regarding a detail i did with the white car, would it improve the car a lot? Thanks again Matt for all the info. I'm anxious in doing the car this weekend.

Any product at autozone you recommend i use for the tire(applicator pad) because i'm going to use the dp tire gel and such but i don't have an applicator pad. Also for window, what should i get at autozone for it?

Last question: I have the DP tire gel set, would that work good or should i get the pinnacle kit. I mean i have DP tire set already.

Thank you a lot AGO for all the info.

Yes, Paintwork Cleansing Lotion will work fine to remove dried on bugs. It's not meant for it, so it won't be as quick/easy as Poorboy's Bug Squash, but it will get the job done just fine.

Using a DA polisher to polish your paint will almost always get a clearer, more uniform shine than working by hand. You'll be able to achieve a much finer finish in less time so I definitely recommend getting one.

I forget the name of the tire dressing applicators they sell locally...might be made by Eagle One or something, but I'm sure you can find something. DP tire gel is a great product so you might as well use that up before trying new stuff. :)

onexvi3tboi
01-30-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks a lot Matt, can't wait to do a full detail tomorrow w/o the pc. I need to get one but fear i might scratch the car with it, is it hard to use?

for the headlight, how would i clean it? also still looking for a good glass cleaner at autozone, is black magic product any good.

For clay, is Meg okay? it's over the counter?

Kurt_s
01-30-2010, 09:10 PM
I personally won't buy another black magic product as their wheel cleaner seems to have discolored one rim on my wife's car and didn't clean the rim at all. There TS department has never returned my emails. I hope that I can polish out the stain, as it was supposed only be a surfactant.

I've used OG glass cleaner for a long time, however the Stoner works pretty well. Others claim the DP, CG and a few others work very well. I may try them once I finish my gallon of OG concentrate or I get some for trial.

I really, really, really DISLIKE the BMW no-fog glass cleaner as it streaks and never looks clean even using MF glass towels. The Stoner cleaned up the mess, but the OG has been my non-streak go-to for many years.