PDA

View Full Version : Official Detail Fest 2010 Information Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Harleyguy
02-07-2010, 01:39 PM
:dblthumb2::hungry::hungry:
So i'll just look for your Vette Adam?
Or maybe i'll smell (maybe get to taste) your wifes cookies i've heard so much about?
Either way look forward to meeting you.No problem this year i'm going to bring stick on labels so people can put there name on them.The ones they use for meeting (Hello My name is)

ahh cookies, I don't like sharing those!:D I will be stopping Adam as he pulls into the parking lot!:hungry:No problem you are number #1 one the cookie list !!

Harleyguy
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Make sure it is clean, I don't want to be riding in a dirty car.No problem Boss

XRL
02-08-2010, 11:05 PM
For those that pay the $20 fee and display their car, what kinds of cars are usually displayed? Are we talking muscle cars, BMW's, Mercedes, Ferraris, that sort of thing, or do you have people display their daily drivers as well? My '95 Cutlass (displayed in my signature) is certainly no muscle car or luxury car, but I do like showing her off to anybody who's willing to look. I'm thinking about attending Detail Fest next year perhaps, and was just curious.

There were quite a few old muscle cars there last year, there was a Saleen S331, a very gorgeous yellow Mustang inside the tent, a C5 Z06, and a bunch of other cars I can't remember. But last year was kinda rainy and cloudy out, so i think a lot of the show cars didn't come out.

Shane731
02-08-2010, 11:07 PM
So would Cutty feel out of place?

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/500/medium/P5160469.jpg

XRL
02-08-2010, 11:14 PM
Park next to my Saturn and you'll be all right :p There's parking on the side too for people whose cars aren't show cars.

The Cutty wouldn't fit in there though because of the lack of tint. Almost all Florida cars are tinted very dark :)

O.C.Detailing
02-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Yeah XRL, but remember, a lot of folks retire in Florida as well, so the Cutlass could fit in depending on how you look at it. LMAO!!

Shane731
02-08-2010, 11:28 PM
And what is that supposed to mean, my fellow Auto Geeker?

O.C.Detailing
02-08-2010, 11:29 PM
heh Nothing Ciera, just messing with you. You probably have the shiniest Cutlass of that make/model anyone's ever seen. I know I"ve never seen one that looked better. ;)

Shane731
02-08-2010, 11:37 PM
Just wait 'til Cutty has a go-round with M105 and M205, and gets topped off with Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 and Souveran. Should be nummy! Im the MAN

Although I'm not sure what that has to do with Detail Fest. :dunno::coolgleam:

O.C.Detailing
02-08-2010, 11:43 PM
You asked if Cutty would fit in down in Florida. Someone mentioned that it probably wouldn't because most people have their windows tinted there and I said that a lot of people retire down in Florida and quite a few older folks driver that type of Cutlass Ciera. I know my grandmother had one when I was younger. ;) Was just poking fun at ya.

Shane731
02-08-2010, 11:50 PM
Oh ho, I see how it is. Lumping me with the old folks, eh? Well, just for that, I'm going to hijack your next order from Auto Geek. What do you think about that? http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0040.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-innocent-smileys.php)

O.C.Detailing
02-08-2010, 11:52 PM
lol Nuttin' but love CIera!! Don't hurt me now!

Shane731
02-08-2010, 11:55 PM
OK. I'll be nice. I swear on my yet unused tub of Souveran! :surrender:

XRL
02-09-2010, 05:10 PM
You'd need to get a vinyl top, and drive 40 mph on the interstate to pull that off though. :) Leave your turn signal on for over a mile without changing lanes for bonus points!

It's really a cool event. You get to meet important people from different big companies, and hit them up for free stuff! :p Last year there was a ton of free stuff, and the goodie bag was freaking awesome.

I can't wait for this year's Detailfest. I need to get my Saturn in better shape for it now :p Lots of school classes means that the Meg's #16 has to stay strong (which it has for the past few months. It's pretty epic.)

Shane731
02-09-2010, 11:29 PM
It's really a cool event. You get to meet important people from different big companies, and hit them up for free stuff! :p Last year there was a ton of free stuff, and the goodie bag was freaking awesome.

What kinds of free stuff? What was in the goodie bag? :drool: