PDA

View Full Version : Change of products

jsolomon
10-09-2006, 02:53 PM
I am not new to detailing but need some advice. I have the complete line of Meguiar's products. Everything from the PC, pads, NXT line, #80, #83, trim, scratchx, plastix, leather treatment, microfiber towels. Maybe in the 500.00 dollar range.

But i no longer live where i can park in a garage, so all work is outside in sun/shade. All my cars are daily drivers. But i like to keep them nice. i have been reading about the Poorboy's line of products. i just inhairited a 1995 STS with 29,000 orginal miles. lots of micro scratchs i would like to take out with the PC. i have polished three times with #83 but the paint is hard. If you were to suggest a set of Poorboy products what would they be. I like sealant under a wax look. Any suggestions?

ScottB
10-09-2006, 03:07 PM
I would highly suggest you try the new updated DP sealant. Very bright and reflective and easily topped. Using MaxWax, Nattys, or either Pinnacle should be a heathly combo.

GM's clearcoat is rather hard ... my Vettes is like a rock for removal, but seems soft enough to add swirls when bee's fly over it. I have found a two step approach to polishing works well. SSR 2.5 and 1.0, or XMT 3 and 1 using the right abrasive pads. Its lots of work, and needs lots of patience.

FloridaNative
10-09-2006, 03:10 PM
:iagree: Killerwheels as usual is dead on. :)