PDA

View Full Version : For those with Griot's DA...

Clutch34
01-18-2010, 01:29 AM
I want to order the Griot's DA in a few months but was wondering if it's worth it to get the one with the extended cord. I'll just be detailing family cars as well as my own, nothing for a side business or anything. Will I need the extended cord? How many of you Griot's DA owners got the extended cord?

Just looking for some opinions. :)

Rsurfer
01-18-2010, 01:54 AM
I want to order the Griot's DA in a few months but was wondering if it's worth it to get the one with the extended cord. I'll just be detailing family cars as well as my own, nothing for a side business or anything. Will I need the extended cord? How many of you Griot's DA owners got the extended cord?

Just looking for some opinions. :)I just got the regular length cord and have no problems with it. Sparkie swears by the longer cord so it's up to you.

agpatel
01-18-2010, 02:08 AM
If you have a good quality extension cord then the HD version is not needed, 12 gauge is what you want for a extension cord. If you do not then the extended version would be a good option.

Clutch34
01-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Oh yea, one more question: I plan on ordering some Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 pads with the Griot's so will I need a different backing plate, like the W68DA (http://www.autogeek.net/w68-da-backing-plate.html), or can I just use the backing plate that comes with it?

Gunslinger
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Go with the extended cord...the first time you walk around your car and the extension cord gets stuck under a tire and the plugs separate you'll understand. That gets old real quick. An alternative is to get an extension cord that has a locking receptacle to keep that from occurring...not a bad accessory to have regardless.

Outside of that...the Griot's DA polisher is excellent and you won't be sorry you bought it.

rwisejr
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I wish all machines had that option.This way .You would never need a extension cord. Plus you know you have the right guage.

agpatel
01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I wish all machines had that option.This way .You would never need a extension cord. Plus you know you have the right guage.

You can always rewire in a longer cord into any buffer. It is not that difficult.