PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning pads with sealant on them?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I used xmt pad cleaner on my gray ccs pads, and there's still a strong smell of WGPS on them. It also seems like there's still product on the pad. How can I clean them thouroughly?

zinc02gt
01-17-2010, 04:13 PM
I like using Dawn Power Disolver. Little blue spray bottle.

Spray it on there agitate it and work it into the pad with a brush. I then put it under warm water and basically put pressure on the pad with my thhumbs and and move my thumbs forward. Basically like pushing the soap to the outer edge. I do this while turning the pad and under the faucet I then fold the pad in half and squeeze pretty hard. While holding it squeezed, bring it under the water. Just squeezing it will bring the soap right back in, like a sponge. I do this a few times until the contents are no longer soapy.

loudog2
01-17-2010, 04:15 PM
That is why I oly use the cheap yellow applicators with DGPS.

VR8
01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Or just clean as good as you can but dedicate that pad to be your "sealant" pad.

AudiTTman
01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
I have this problem all the time with my sealant. Luckily, i just dedicated one single red pad to cause and really dont worry about it. In your case, you said it was a grey pad, so i can see where problems might come in if you use that pad for other products. I use Dawn(blue stuff) and it worked well with the smell and cleaning the sealant out

ScottB
01-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I find the DP Pad Rejuvinator to clean best, and quick to mix up a bucket even for very dirty MF towels. It must be the power of citrus.

Impressions
01-17-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree with Killerwheels....DP for most compounds and polishes but APC on all waxes rinsed with water at high stream, pad cupped in palms, squeeze, release, squeeze method
LSP I usually keep covered and reuse