PDA

View Full Version : Question about wheel cleaners

sqeekykleen
01-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Do wheel cleaners / gel wheel cleaners remove wheel wax applied to wheel?

Feed back please

nitro78
01-16-2010, 03:03 PM
i would say yes. however if you feel you need to use a wheel cleaner i would say that your protection is worn out on your wheels. when i put wheel wax on my vehicle all i need is soap and water to clean them.

bmw5541
01-16-2010, 05:02 PM
i would say yes. however if you feel you need to use a wheel cleaner i would say that your protection is worn out on your wheels. when i put wheel wax on my vehicle all i need is soap and water to clean them.

:iagree: :whs:

ScottB
01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
I tend to believe most wheel cleaners will indeed remove most/all the protection a wax/sealant would offer. But the question remains, do you really need a wheel cleaner all that often on protected wheels ?? Maybe soap/water will be all thats needed for several weeks.

MDetail
01-17-2010, 02:56 AM
I tend to believe most wheel cleaners will indeed remove most/all the protection a wax/sealant would offer. But the question remains, do you really need a wheel cleaner all that often on protected wheels ?? Maybe soap/water will be all thats needed for several weeks.

:iagree:

Wax may not last as long on wheels as they do on cars, but just re apply more often and you should be fine.

Clutch34
01-17-2010, 03:30 AM
How do you know when you need to use a wheel cleaner instead of just soap and water?

ScottB
01-17-2010, 10:42 AM
How do you know when you need to use a wheel cleaner instead of just soap and water?

I usually get 3-6 washings and then tend to "feel" the difference and wheels "seem" harder to remove brake dust. I then reach for wheel cleaner, and reapply wheel sealant afterwards.

Clutch34
01-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Gotcha, I figured it was one of those "experience" things just like most other detailing techniques lol Never a straight answer. :p