PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Cleaning

detailguy71
01-16-2010, 11:40 AM
What is your technique for cleaning carpet.Feed back please:props:

christian900se
01-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Generally, you always vacuum the carpet thoroughly before attempting to clean with any carpet cleaner. Then, I spray some cleaner on, let it set for a minute or so, and agitate it with a medium bristled brush. I then use my Bissel Little Green Machine and extract as much dirty cleaner residue as possible and rinse the carpet with water (if the carpet is removable). If it is built in carpeting, I use an old bath towel and wipe up the residue as thoroughly as possible. Finally, you let it dry and use a brush to bring up the napp in the carpet which should leave you with a great final product.

Impressions
01-16-2010, 01:48 PM
vac
spray shampoo...dont saturate carpet
I use rotary with bristle brush
extract w/200* extractor
brush all knapp in same direction
same for mats unless real dirty, than I shampoo very wet and pressure wash all the silt out then extract

zinc02gt
01-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Generally, you always vacuum the carpet thoroughly before attempting to clean with any carpet cleaner. Then, I spray some cleaner on, let it set for a minute or so, and agitate it with a medium bristled brush. I then use my Bissel Little Green Machine and extract as much dirty cleaner residue as possible and rinse the carpet with water (if the carpet is removable). If it is built in carpeting, I use an old bath towel and wipe up the residue as thoroughly as possible. Finally, you let it dry and use a brush to bring up the napp in the carpet which should leave you with a great final product.

I do just about the same the same thing except I use a Shop-Vac. I use APC+ 4:1 or Rug Doctor 1:1. I love the scent on both, so it's just a toss on which one I'll use that day.

nittyv12
01-16-2010, 07:34 PM
christian...do u use da little green machine with or w/o heat option?

MDetail
01-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Here is a little something I had written up on an interior job I completed.
1995 Acura Integra 4door – Interior Cleaning (How-to) | MDetail.com (http://mdetail.com/blog/2009/11/15/how-to-detail-your-interior-coffee-is-for-drinking-not-spilling/)

I use the LGCM non-heated version

daveinsweethome
01-17-2010, 03:15 AM
i am a little wierd. most of my details are daily drivers and the mats suck so i flood them with my soap and agitate with a pc with a 3 inch brush then extract with my mytee. i have saved some horrible mats for my customers this way.