PDA

View Full Version : Gummi Pfledge...Wow!!! *PIC

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Check out the difference!! Im the MAN Sorry for the weird angle of the pic, that's only way I could get decent lighting. The sponge applicator on the bottle makes it very easy to apply.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss189/brewinz_2009/052.jpg

Smokin
01-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Very good stuff use it alot.

TLMitchell
01-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Definitely a great product!

The sponge applicator on the bottle makes it very easy to apply.

I found just the opposite. First time I tried to use the applicator the product didn't want to flow. Plus I was unable to get the bottle in position to get into some of the tight nooks and crannies. I ended up tearing off the applicator and now use a small, foam swab for application. YMMV.

TL

DARK HORSE
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM
Try it out on the hoses under the hood too :dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
01-15-2010, 07:12 PM

I found just the opposite. First time I tried to use the applicator the product didn't want to flow. Plus I was unable to get the bottle in position to get into some of the tight nooks and crannies. I ended up tearing off the applicator and now use a small, foam swab for application. YMMV.

TL
You're right. For some narrow, tight places, the sponge applicator is worthless, but it's great for others. I might buy another one and use one with the sponge, and the other without like you did. :xyxthumbs:

Lowprofile
01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Awesome product. Love this stuff.

67Customs
01-15-2010, 07:51 PM
I keep wanting to try that stuff. You just made me want to even more.

ScottB
01-15-2010, 09:29 PM
tap the head in a downward motion once or twice to prime the pad, then move into different areas. If any over application it will leave a white foam trail, rewipe going the other direction to blend. IMO it works well and lasts and lasts and lasts.

dublifecrisis
01-15-2010, 09:58 PM
I've had this stuff in my cart 3-4 times and somehow it always ends up on the 'remove' list before I order (me being a tightwad). Next time, I'll have to pick this up.

TLMitchell
01-15-2010, 11:28 PM
tap the head in a downward motion once or twice to prime the pad, then move into different areas. If any over application it will leave a white foam trail, rewipe going the other direction to blend. IMO it works well and lasts and lasts and lasts.

That's the method I eventually arrived at via trial & error. Still, no way to get the bottle in some of the spots I need to. It just seems easier to yank the pad off and use a foam swab to apply.

I've seen this used primarily on weatherstripping and seals, that's where I've been using it and it's superb. Is "Gummi Pledge" useful on exterior rubber or does it wash off easily?

TL

CEE DOG
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM

First time I tried to use the applicator the product didn't want to flow.
TL:iagree:

Also what about on seals that face down?

ScottB
01-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I've seen this used primarily on weatherstripping and seals, that's where I've been using it and it's superb. Is "Gummi Pledge" useful on exterior rubber or does it wash off easily?

TL

I have recently started using it on the outside rubber surrounds (glass, side windows) and quite durable. I love the stuff.

CEE DOG
01-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I use it on my window seals and it works great! I haven't really used it for much else. Does anybody have a way to use it on a downward pointing gasket? Maybe just release enough of it into the applicator?? Disn't work good for me doing it that way.

ScottB
01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Find an area to tap (prime) the applicator in normal fashion, then dress the area underneath, then come back and blend area where you started the priming. (I suppose you could say, get the head of the applicator nice and wet first).

Tex
01-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Also what about on seals that face down?

On these, you will need to get the sponge really wet and if it gets dry, press on the sponge tip to get some of the product to come down.

That brings a question for AG: when I was in Germany, I saw there were 2 other Gummy Pfledge products:
- a 1Z Gummy Pfledge 12 or 16oz Aerosol
- A Wurth version of Gummy Pfledge as an aerosol as well

This roduct as an aerosol would allow easier use in the engine compartment or in applications were the typical bottle is upside down.

Do you guys think there is a chance AG would carry these, or maybe do a special order of these every now and then?

FYI: One of these Gummy Pfledge products is in fact a product BMW used to OEM. It was recommended to dealership when clients would complain their doors or windows were noisy or would not seal tight.