PDA

View Full Version : new 370Z Brillaint Silver, what products?

EliteImageDetailing
01-15-2010, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone, New to this forum but belong to many others. quick background on my self. I do detail a lot as a hobby and for those I know. But now I just purchased my new 370Z in Brilliant Silver (light silver./metallic) I'm going to in a month fully detail my car as i'm waiting to move into my new house and will have the proper garage to do this in. I right now have Menzerna polishes (SIP, 106ff) a PC with every single pad imaginable, jet Seal 109, FMJ, and a few waxes etc... what is the best way to bring out the silver in the car? i'm looking for the best waxes/sealents I can do and what recommend Polishes and pads are preferred by those who do this more then I? I just want my car to be done right and to the best possible from the beginning as this isn't a simple wash and wax or side detail and I know lighter colors are a little more difficult then the darker.
Any help and insight and recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I know the usual search and you will find routine, I've been browsing this forum and others and most of everything I find is a little older and doesn't include all newer polishes that are out.

Thanks in advance.
Alex

ScottB
01-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Wash -- Clay --- Polish -- Protect

pay attention to the polishing for greatest rewards. Jeweling even great paint should bring out more gloss and reflection. Looks like you have nice products, now just time to use them.

turbos17
01-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Welcome Alex! For products it is all a personal preference. You have to see what everyone is using and just start to try them. I am a huge fan or XMT series, Meg's 205 and 105, and Poorboy's polishes. For AIO I like Klasse. Waxes the hands down consensus is Pinnacle Souveran Carnauba, which I haven't used yet. I use P21S, Meg's Mirror Glaze #16 (amazing on light colors), and Chemical Guys Carnauba. For interiors I love the DP line, glass Stoner's, outside vinyls and plastics 303, tires 303 or Armor All Tire Foam, Engine Armor All Tire Foam, washing Poorboy's SS or Meg's Gold Class w/ my two buckets, Grit Guards, and the Schmitt. Hope this helps as I am sure others will chime in too.