PDA

View Full Version : Specific MF towel to use with waterless wash?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-15-2010, 12:31 AM
Does it really matter?

christian900se
01-15-2010, 02:11 AM
You want one with nap that is not too short but is not too long either. I like using the Indigo detailing towels personally for light duty waterless washing. If you are willing to get a dedicated wash media, the Cobra bone is great for this task as is a microfiber chenille (the one with those strands).

Irish
01-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Cobra blue mitt. $10 and they're 2 for 1 right now. They're business with ONR or regular washing.

dublifecrisis
01-15-2010, 08:55 AM
I've experimented with quite a few different wash media with ONR and I keep going back to chenille mitts. This week both Robbyboats and I did ONR washes. I do like the weight and coverage of a thick MF towel but after one panel, it appears that the MF does not release dirt. We all know how 'grabby' MF is when dry - it seems no different when soaking wet. Those little fibers grab ahold of dirt and do not let it go into the rinse bucket.

Chenille/MF mitts however seem to release dirt quickly into the rinse bucket. I use 2 for each wash.

Piku
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Cobra blue mitt. $10 and they're 2 for 1 right now. They're business with ONR or regular washing.

I just received the Cobra blue mitts that I got on BOGO. I was a little disappointed as they did not feel as soft as the Meguiar's microfiber mitts or the Target orange microfiber chenille mitts. :( I have been using the Meg's mitts but they needed replacing. Oh well, I guess I will use these for the windows and the lower cladding.

CharlesW
01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Read the thread title:
Specific MF towel to use with waterless wash?

He isn't asking about rinseless washes.

CharlesW
01-15-2010, 01:49 PM
A fairly long nap works best for me.
Don't skimp on towels during a waterless wash. Turn to a clean area of the towel often and change towels when you run out of clean areas. :)
I happen to prefer a 16x24 or 16x27 towel, but 16x16 works fine.

Actually, the same towels I use for rinseless washing work fine for waterless washing or for drying after a conventional wash.

MDetail
01-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Charles, you're right. Rinseless and waterless do get mixed a lot with each other.

CharlesW
01-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Charles, you're right. Rinseless and waterless do get mixed a lot with each other.Definitely.:)
The wash media mentioned might work for a waterless wash, but you would use a lot of wash mitts by the time you did the entire vehicle. :eek:

CharlesW
01-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Also, I use cotton terry towels to do the wheels and tires when using either a waterless or rinseless wash.
That keeps from ruining a good MF towel on them and I don't own anything but good MF towels. :)

SportEL
01-15-2010, 08:16 PM
The ones with a longer nap will allow dirt particulates a place to go so they are better to avoid scratching or swirling up the paint. The Shamrock ones would be perfect. I'm not sure if they still have any left though.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-15-2010, 08:19 PM
The Shamrock ones would be perfect. I'm not sure if they still have any left though.
I have about 6 of them that I never use. They lint like crazy. :(

SportEL
01-15-2010, 08:53 PM

You could still use those Shamrocks for Rinseless washes if you wanted to.

For waterless washes, you could try the next plushest which are the Super Plush Deluxe.

christian900se
01-15-2010, 09:04 PM

When they are wet, they do not leave lint. I tried it out as a wash media since that is pretty much all they are good at for me and they worked great.