PDA

View Full Version : tires and wheels

guess23959
01-14-2010, 09:26 PM
anyone know of any good wet shine sprays for tires? i was using 2001 but that flings off, now im using no touch maximum wet but spraying makes me have to rewipe the whole car down again because you can see spray marks.

for wheels, i have the premium alloys and their dull and i use stainless steel spray sparingly and they pop like crazy. is this wrong or do they make something that makes them pop?

nothing expensively crazy because the car is a '98, and it does have surface flaws, just stuff that will make a date say "wow that thing is nice, is it only a few yrs old?" something like that.
thx all

loudog2
01-14-2010, 09:29 PM
I use wolfgang black diamond tire gel. No sling and last a while. It's still buy one, get one w/applicators.

guess23959
01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
is that something i can find at advance auto or pepboys and hopefully not pricey?

loudog2
01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
No, here only. But it comes out to $12 a piece with the BOGO. The applicatores that come with it are pretty good also.

maxisiri
01-14-2010, 09:38 PM
I use wolfgang black diamond tire gel. No sling and last a while. It's still buy one, get one w/applicators.
+1 :iagree:

SportEL
01-14-2010, 09:47 PM
For a Tire Spray, I use --> Stoners More Shine Less Time (http://www.autogeek.net/stontirshin.html). I just tried it a few weeks ago. It's so quick and easy as it's an aerosol spray versus a pump so you just hold down the nozzle in one go and spray around and it's easy to control. You just spray and walk away as it says. This stuff is nice and cheap too.

For a Tire Gel, I use DP Gloss Tire Gel. DP products are excellent value.

jake66
01-15-2010, 11:35 AM
If you're looking for something you can buy loca, I also have used the Stoner's and I like it. Bought at O'Reilly.

dublifecrisis
01-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Autozone carries Meguiar's Endurance tire shine (grape smelling purple stuff)....it's greasy as all get out but conveniently packaged and shines well. a bottle will last quite a while. BJ's wholesale carries 2 packs of Black Magic tire shine for about $10.

guess23959
01-15-2010, 12:47 PM
thank you jake66 and dublifecrisis! i will definitely check those out.

Irish
01-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Opti-Bond Tire Gel is a fantastic product. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Dusty Bottoms
01-15-2010, 01:17 PM
Opti-Bond Tire Gel is a fantastic product. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

My absolute favorite!

turbos17
01-16-2010, 09:18 AM
For over the counter I say go with Stoner's More Shine or Armor All Tire Foam both can be found @ Wally's World (Walmart) for under $4 last time I checked. One can will usually do an entire engine detail and all four tires or eight tires total!

akimel
01-16-2010, 09:29 AM
For a Tire Spray, I use --> Stoners More Shine Less Time (http://www.autogeek.net/stontirshin.html). I just tried it a few weeks ago. It's so quick and easy as it's an aerosol spray versus a pump so you just hold down the nozzle in one go and spray around and it's easy to control. You just spray and walk away as it says. This stuff is nice and cheap too.

+1. More Shine is really easy. Just spray it on and walk away. It takes a little while for it to dry. I have not had any problems with sling. It leaves a high gloss look. My wife likes it a lot on her CR-V.

I use cardboard or a magazine as a shield to prevent overspray from getting on the paint, but the aerosol spray is pretty well directed and I have not had a problem with overspray.

You can also use More Shine to dress your wheel wells.

(I prefer a matte look on my S2K: Mother's Reflections Tire Care is my favorite low gloss tire dressing.)

ScottB
01-16-2010, 08:14 PM
for really glossy tires ... use the gels (Pinnacle, Wolfgang) or Poorboys Bright/Bold.