PDA

View Full Version : Products to satisfy my addiction!

rwright
01-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Hello everyone! I just wanted to share my new products received/bought for Christmas and my birthday. I am an amateur and have no shame in that, but I do wish to turn pro one day. Just wanted to show how serious I am about this and I have included a picture of the products. Most threads are useless without them!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w288/rjwright78/Detail/detail_stuff.jpg

All products were ordered from Autogeek and include:

-Porter Cable 7424 XP
-Foam Pad Kit 6.5" - LC White Polishing Pad (2), LC Gray Finishing Pad, LC Blue Finessing Pad, Pinnacle XMT Pad Conditioner, Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner, Cobra MF towel (2)
-Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1, Fine Swirl Remover #2, Intermediate Swirl Remover #3, Heavy Swirl Remover #4 Polishing Compound, Carnauba Finishing Glaze
-Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant
-Meguiar's 3 Bar Clay Replacement
-Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
-Wolfgang Fuzion Wax
-Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz
-Wolfgang Finger Pockets (6)
-Detailer's Pride Wheel Glaze
-Autogeek Foam Wax Applicator (8)
-Autogeek Ketchup Bottle (2)
-Lake Country CCS Orange Cutting Pad (3)
-Lake Country Lambswool 6" Leveling Pad
-Cobra Microfiber Bonnet (2)
-Foam Pad Conditioning Brush
-Snappy Clean Pad Cleaning Powder (3 pack)
-Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
-Dodo Juice Mellow Yellow Wheel Cleaner
-Dodo Juice Red Mist
-Dodo Juice Wax Samples - Rainforest Rub, Hard Candy, Purple Haze, Blue Velvet

rwright
01-14-2010, 12:48 AM
The Dodo Juice products were picked up just so that I could sample them. I asked for the M20 because I wanted to see how it would go with M07 Show Car Glaze and NXT 2.0 wax. I have a bunch of Meg's OTC products but wanted to step it up a little. I am currently working on another order and so far have the following added:

-Meg's APC+
-P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner
-P21S Total Auto Wash
-303 Protectant
-Poorboy's Wheel Sealant

Please feel free to chime in with recommendations. After I learn how to properly use my PC with the XMT line, I do plan to pickup M105/M205 and Menzerna products. A couple items I will be picking up in the future include a hot water extractor, steam machine, ozone machine, metro vac/blower.

BobbyG
01-14-2010, 06:58 AM
Rwright,

Yea, but it's a worthwhile addiction, one I've been proud to share through the years as well! You've got some of the best products on the planet and if you find you have too much send them to me and I'll "see if I can take care them for you"! :props:

Nice Haul!! :dblthumb2:

ScottB
01-14-2010, 05:07 PM
Looks like the next detailing party is at your crib ... get the buffers started. (one nice order indeed)

rwright
01-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Does anyone have suggestions on what I can add? Trying to get my order in before midnight!

PuDeN
01-15-2010, 04:47 AM
How bout try to start your detailing then you'll know what you need to add on after that. There is surely something you would want to add. how bout for the first step for cleaning and washing. Buckets wash mitts various brushes for wheel wheel wells rims tyre some degreasers and etc.

rwright
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
How bout try to start your detailing then you'll know what you need to add on after that. There is surely something you would want to add. how bout for the first step for cleaning and washing. Buckets wash mitts various brushes for wheel wheel wells rims tyre some degreasers and etc.

Thanks for the input. I actually have the basics covered such as mitts, sponges, brushes, & buckets. I'm starting to branch outside my OTC cleaners & waxes.

turbos17
01-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Yes, first start with you have and you will see what you may want to add. Then start spending hours of each day = days of the weeks = weeks of the month = months of the years = years of your life reading the AG forums. At least that is what I do and my wife still doesn't understand why. :laughing:

rwright
01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
I apologize for such a broad statement, I need to work on that! I am basically looking for recommendations on products to have on hand. I have read the forums a lot which is the reason for the collection I have started. I know it is difficult to predict what job will require which product, that's why I ask for opinions! I truly appreciate the responses so far!

jlb85
01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Get some things for the interior. I'd recommend 1Z Cockpit Premium or the DP Interior Combo, Meg's #40 for older interiors, and some Klasse AIO for interior trim and door jambs.

Talking about door jambs, grab a gallon of Meg's Body Solvent or FK1 #1119.

Get some brushes if you don't have them already (OTC ones do not compare IMO): EZ Detail or Daytona for wheels, the "1 inch round" detailing brush, tire and wheel face brushes (boars hair or the Mother's softer brushes), and a black SchMITT (you'll love it!). While you're at it, get the vent kit brushes for the inside.

Do you have MF? OTC MF is OK for personal use, but if you do other's cars you will want to reduce risks of swirling as much as possible and will need to buy better MF.

Post pictures of the rest of the orders ;) It's gonna take a wide angle lens!

MDetail
01-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Man I think you've got all the right stuff, you won't regret getting Fuzion. I think you might want to get some polishing and finishing pads. You won't need cutting pads for every job. The finishing pads will work for both waxing and jeweling. And as mentioned above brushes and MF towels will be helpful. A few waffle weave towels will be helpful if you don't have them already.

rwright
01-15-2010, 02:06 PM
The 6.5" pad kit has 2 white polishing pads, 1 gray finishing pad, 1 blue finessing pad, pad conditioner, and pad cleaner. As soon as I get back to the hotel tonight I am going to check out the recommendations. I have a couple Meg's Supreme Shine MF towels and love them! I do need more though. I think I have most chemicals covered, so it sounds like better quality brushes & MF towels need ordered. Keep in mind this is just to get started with real products for serious detailing. I will figure out more stuff along the way!