PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO question

Shane731
01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
OK, in a few threads I've read I've seen some people who use Klasse AIO on windows. My question is, does this cause any problems with wiper chatter? How easy is it to apply to glass and remove? Any problems with streaking? Expected (or estimated) durability on windows? Any pics of water beading on glass that has been treated with this product? Thanks!

OK, OK, so I had more than one question. Please don't beat me up over it! :bash:

Gary Sword
01-13-2010, 09:11 PM
I like to use it on my exterior glass. There's no wiper chatter or streaking. It's about as easy to apply and remove on glass as it is on paint (which is harder than a lot of the current waxes and sealants on the market). I don't have any pics of water beading but it does help keep the glass cleaner. I also really like the look it leaves on tinted glass.

jlb85
01-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Chatter is caused by a phenomenon called "stick-slip", where the blade jumps from one stationary position to another, without really getting into a stable sliding motion. Causes of chatter are friction and wiper blade structure.

The klasse AIO will change the friction between the blade and the windshield, likely lowering it. Water does this as well. So by itself, KAIO should not increase your chatter. But it may set off a structural issue with the blades.

The change in friction causes a change in forces the wiper blade sees, and thus, transmitted to the wiper structure. I have seen Aquapel cause chatter for a bit, which later subdues. Personally, I believe chatter will occur to any truss type blade at some point in its life due to the truss either deforming or loosening. I opt to use blades with no truss (like the Bosch Edge blades) to reduce variances. These blades can chatter too, but they are much less likely to develop it after bumping into the wipers or sealing the windshield. Plus, the truss-less ones do not freeze in weird arcs that do not make full contact to the glass.

BTW, any sealant wil work on glass. I don't like using wax on glass since it can cause streaking and just lasts less. Klasse AIO wipes off completely from glass easily, similar to how it does on paint IF APPLIED SUPER THIN. Normal apply of KAIO on paint is quite difficult to remove IMO.

ScottB
01-14-2010, 05:11 PM
I find the best way to avoid chatter ... Aquapel and new wipers. In Florida thats 2x annually on Aquapel and one new set of wipers. Environment does seem to play a difference however.

nrengle
01-14-2010, 05:44 PM
I love it on my glass, and it works great to get any residual water spots off the glass. I've got as far as KAIO and two coats of WGDGPS on all my glass, and it works well, it still gets dirty, but not nearly as bad as normal.