PDA

View Full Version : re-apply sealant?

davidlg16
01-13-2010, 04:48 AM
so I bought a bunch of stuff from autogeek, got all pumped up and started working...

wash,
Klass all-in-one,
Klass high gloss sealant glaze --> problem

problem: 1st time applying this thing, although I've read countless times that I should apply this real thin, I still got streaks ALL OVER the car.

By then it was too hard to come off with just a microfiber (i let it set for like an hour), so I took out the Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray and quick detailed the whole car.

Now the streaks are gone and everything looks good.

but is the sealant I just applied also gone? Do I need to re-apply the sealant again?

thanks in advance for some insight

PAR Detailing
01-13-2010, 06:44 AM
As far as I know your sealant is still there and going strong. You didnt do anything or use a product that would strip it. As far as the streaking i have never used that product so I dont know, possibly dont let it sit for so long? I have that problem if I am working on a hot car?(I know its winter atleast where I am maybe your lucky lol) Hopefully someone with experience with that product can help you out better.

Welcome to the forum

Jon

TroyScherer
01-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I have found that the K-HGS is actually easier to remove if you wait 12+ hrs. I ususally do a coat in the afternoon (Friday) and the buff it off the next morning. If you don't have that kind of time I suggest applying it and buffing off one panel at a time.

sullysdetailing
01-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Your Sealant is still on the car. When I use Klasse AIO I end up re washing the car after about 45 minutes. It steaks really easily. You should be if. If you want longer protection you can always apply another coat.

davidlg16
01-13-2010, 03:13 PM
I was working on a cool car in a garage, it's around 65 degrees here.
I guess I might as well apply another coat, off i go...

sullysdetailing
01-13-2010, 03:23 PM
I applied it this weekend and it was 45 drgrees in FL. Most of the time when I use it, it streaks pretty easily. So after I wipe it off I wait 30 minutes to an hour and then I re-wash the vehicle. You don't have to re-apply another coat of sealer but if you want it will just protect the car longer.

davidlg16
01-13-2010, 04:01 PM
my shoulders are getting a little sore, I guess I'll just get started waxing instead.

thanks for the info!

p.s. sullysdetailing: do you know of any detailers in southern california who does equivalently great works like you? I didnt' want to just pick one out of the yellowpages, that's why i ended up detailing myself. but for the amount of time i put in, i dont mind paying at all.

sullysdetailing
01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
Start a Thread: Looking for a detailer in Siuthern California. I am sure there are members on this forum from that area.