PDA

View Full Version : Mothers showtime question...

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Does it have any wax or sealant properties?

agpatel
01-11-2010, 11:57 AM
No it does not, it is a pure QD as I call it.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
No it does not, it is a pure QD as I call it.
That's what I'm looking for. What are some other "pure" QD's?

agpatel
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Megs #34 final inspection is body shop safe so it is a pure QD as well, i use this all the time to remove polish and inspect paint, Menz Top Inspection is also a inspection spray as it removes polishing oils but would not use it as a QD on a waxed surface as it does have a alcohol smell to it. But Menzerna stuff works great and I use it as a final wipe down after all polishing is done and use Megs #34 between polishing steps as it is much cheaper. DP Waterless wash is also another one.

DLB
01-11-2010, 05:13 PM
On the same page as the DP Waterless Wash would be ONR at QD strength.

DLB

agpatel
01-11-2010, 05:22 PM

DLB

But ONR does leave behind a little bit of protection. It is true hat wax will remove this but still leave something behind thus not a "pure" QD in my eyes.

turbos17
01-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Does it have any wax or sealant properties?

Great for clay lube too. Super cheap @ Wally's World! :xyxthumbs:

Rsurfer
01-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Megs #34 final inspection is body shop safe so it is a pure QD as well, i use this all the time to remove polish and inspect paint, Menz Top Inspection is also a inspection spray as it removes polishing oils but would not use it as a QD on a waxed surface as it does have a alcohol smell to it. But Menzerna stuff works great and I use it as a final wipe down after all polishing is done and use Megs #34 between polishing steps as it is much cheaper. DP Waterless wash is also another one.
OP is asking about a QD with no waxes or sealant...why are you talking about paint cleaners? Just wondering.

agpatel
01-11-2010, 05:39 PM
OP is asking about a QD with no waxes or sealant...why are you talking about paint cleaners? Just wondering.

Just stating that QD's with no wax/sealant or any type of gloss enhancing product is something that will work well to remove polishes to inspect paint. I use them for that purpose and that is my experience with those two products. I suggested 2 products that the OP was looking for and gave my experience of them. What I used them for may be different than he is looking to use them for but still saying they are two good products.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM

DLB
how would ONR at QD strentgh compare to DP 4 in 1 diluted to QD strength? Are they about the same?

ScottB
01-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Showtime has no appreciable protection, but it is well lubricated and smells nice too.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I will be using a QD on my other car that's parked outside 24/7. I don't want a QD with sealant or wax, because I will use it everyday, and I don't want a buildup of these products. Therefore, I'm looking for more cleaning ability, rather than gloss and protection. I have WGDGPS for that. I'll give Mothers Showtime a shot. Anyone tried Poorboys Spray and Gloss?

Bunky
01-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Showtime has no appreciable protection, but it is well lubricated and smells nice too.

Yep. It is a good clay lube and does perk of the gloss some.

Rsurfer
01-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Just stating that QD's with no wax/sealant or any type of gloss enhancing product is something that will work well to remove polishes to inspect paint. I use them for that purpose and that is my experience with those two products. I suggested 2 products that the OP was looking for and gave my experience of them. What I used them for may be different than he is looking to use them for but still saying they are two good products.You seem to be missing the point. You are recommending two products that will remove waxes/sealants/polishes when the op wants a QD with no wax/sealant just to clean and not to remove his existing LSP.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-12-2010, 12:18 AM
You seem to be missing the point. You are recommending two products that will remove waxes/sealants/polishes when the op wants a QD with no wax/sealant just to clean and not to remove his existing LSP.
Exactly.

I picked up mothers showtime. I'm going to try it tomorrow. :xyxthumbs: