PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal On Top Of A Wax

jbnery6465
01-11-2010, 01:13 AM
I'm growing very interested in Opti-Seal especially because of its WOWA aspect. I read on detailingworld.com that a lot of people would use 2-3 layers of wax (i.e. P21S 100%) and top is with 2-3 layers of Opti-Seal. They claimed that the finish is very similar to Z2-Pro but has similar durability to 1000p.

Now I was originally going to go with Z2 topped with Z8.

Has anyone had any experience or input about layering OS on top of a carnauba wax? Is it still ok to use Z8 on top of the OS? I thought you were suppose to layer OS then top with a wax?

And this is assuming I've done full paint correction.
Thanks.

wytstang
01-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I've layered OS over wax and never any issue. Haven't used Ziano so I can't help there.

ScottB
01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Zaino is quite durable and Z8 simply adds more gloss and slickness to the product.

Optiseal, which is similar to Zaino Clearseal, does offer the additional benefit of topping a carnauba and/or a sealant. Anthony offered some mightly fine pics of Porsches with nuba and the Optiseal coating for enhanced durability and good looks. (hint: use VERY sparingly)

akimel
01-11-2010, 09:28 PM
According to Dr G. of Optimum, Opti-Seal can be applied on top of a carnauba because it dissolves the wax and in a sense replaces it:
Opti-Seal is a highly concentrated formula containing sealant polymers dissolved in a solvent. Once it is applied to any surface, it will bond to it and cross-links fully within 12 hours. ...

If there is any wax on the surface, Opti-Seal will dissolve it and the polymers will go to the surface and the wax will migrate to the top. This is due to the difference in the surface tension of wax and sealant.