PDA

View Full Version : A lil more help...... :(

my01ws6
10-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Ok well i finished ALL of my polishing...and i started adding liquid souveran....it seems to me that the paint looks the same with the wax over the glaze...is this supposed to be?

Also it seems that i got quite a bit of polish on some of my trim pieces...I tried to use BACK TO BLACK and it comes thro and still shows....

Also as i take the souveran off there seems to be ALOT of static i mean ALOT!!! so of course the dust just sticks right to it and wont come off...how do i get this off?

Also I have TONS of dust from the polish in the cracks of the trim pieces....ive tried compressed air and a small soft brush and i still cant get it all out....its orange and my car is black so it stands out well....any ideas?

Thanks for all the help!!!!!

sparkie
10-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Ok well i finished ALL of my polishing...and i started adding liquid souveran....it seems to me that the paint looks the same with the wax over the glaze...is this supposed to be?
I get a deeper, wetter look from Liquid Souveran.

Also it seems that i got quite a bit of polish on some of my trim pieces...I tried to use BACK TO BLACK and it comes thro and still shows....

Use peanut oil, magic eraser, or APC with towel.

Also as i take the souveran off there seems to be ALOT of static i mean ALOT!!! so of course the dust just sticks right to it and wont come off...how do i get this off?

I never had static before when taking wax off.

Also I have TONS of dust from the polish in the cracks of the trim pieces....ive tried compressed air and a small soft brush and i still cant get it all out....its orange and my car is black so it stands out well....any ideas?

Sometime you just need to wash the car again before you put on LSP

Al-53
10-09-2006, 07:29 AM
After a wash the static will disapate...

try a citrus type cleaner to remove the staining..or 3M wax and adhesive remover....get the red can Pro version....at any body shop supply or Nappa...works good....

Al

ScottB
10-09-2006, 07:33 AM
I too would have washed the car again prior to glazing and waxing if alot of dust was present.

As for the trim pieces, I found that XMT Pad Cleaner sprayed on a micro also seems to remove polish and wax on trims. I gotta play with it a little more, but impressed at first use this way.