PDA

View Full Version : LCS 6.5" Yellow Foam Cutting vs. 6.5" Purple Foamed Wool

Pages : [1] 2

turbos17
01-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey guys I have had great success with all my LCS 6.5" Smart Pads. I really love the yellow and orange as they can really correct most things with the right polish. Currently I am using a PC from two years ago and it has been great. I have been reading great things about the 6.5" Purple Foamed Wool pad and I wanted to know the main differences between that and the yellow by LC? I would like something to work faster than the yellow if possible. How does this pad compare with dusting, cleaning, cutting, life expectancy, etc?

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Wool is always going to cut better than foam will, but not on your pc. Wool does not work well at all with a pc, it actually drags the tool down. So just stick to foam on the pc, now if you were using a rotary it is a whole different ball game.

turbos17
01-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Wool is always going to cut better than foam will, but not on your pc. Wool does not work well at all with a pc, it actually drags the tool down. So just stick to foam on the pc, now if you were using a rotary it is a whole different ball game.

Understandable, but why did LC come out with this pad then for DA's? Like I said I have read people dig this pad!

Rsurfer
01-10-2010, 04:47 PM
How does the pfw work compared to full wool pads? I know how wool works on a rotary, but never tried PFW on a rotary. Thanks.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-10-2010, 04:57 PM
How does the pfw work compared to full wool pads? I know how wool works on a rotary, but never tried PFW on a rotary. Thanks.

Hey dad, I have never liked the foamed wool on the rotary or on any tool for that matter. I know some like it, but what I can do with a regular wool pad and some foam it is just a waste of a pad to me.

The pfw to me doesn't cut well at all. To me you might as well just get a regular wool pad and go from there.

Rsurfer
01-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Hey dad, I have never liked the foamed wool on the rotary or on any tool for that matter. I know some like it, but what I can do with a regular wool pad and some foam it is just a waste of a pad to me.

The pfw to me doesn't cut well at all. To me you might as well just get a regular wool pad and go from there.
Just what I thought, thanks Son.:xyxthumbs:

turbos17
01-10-2010, 05:11 PM
^ Ummm?

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-10-2010, 05:14 PM
^ Ummm?

Do you have a question?

turbos17
01-10-2010, 05:16 PM

Just what I thought, thanks Son.:xyxthumbs:

^ What is all this? I am asking about using this specific pad on a DA not a rotary. And father/son? Huh?

Do you have a question?

Yes it is already posted. See here --->
Understandable, but why did LC come out with this pad then for DA's? Like I said I have read people dig this pad!

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-10-2010, 05:19 PM
He is my dad.

I guess LC figured they might as well hit that market and I would guess some feel it works with a pc. The best wool pad I would suggest to use on your pc would be a Surbuff pad other than that wool on a pc is a waste of time.

O.k., I hope that answers both questions-lol.:props:

turbos17
01-10-2010, 05:23 PM
He is my dad.

I guess LC figured they might as well hit that market and I would guess some feel it works with a pc. The best wool pad I would suggest to use on your pc would be a Surbuff pad other than that wool on a pc is a waste of time.

O.k., I hope that answers both questions-lol.:props:

Thanks good info on both! LOL! Im the MAN

frosty
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I don't have near the experience of Asphalt Rocket but the 6.5 PFW pad is probably my favorite. I use LCS orange and if that doesn't do what I need it to do, I go with PFW & M105.

I use it after wetsanding or any scratch that can be got out with a machine it cuts fairly quick.

I do use it with my Rotary (Flex 3403). I like it because of the cut, for me it's not as finicky to use with M105 as a Foam pad. Plus it cuts well for me but doesn't heat up the paint as bad as a foam pad on my rotary.

I've got some pix of a junk Mercedes door on I can dig up a link to I used a PFW pad on and it worked well combined with M205 & a white pad follow up.

I did use the PFW with my 3401 this weekend and it worked ok with it as well. It was Honda paint on a civic though. I switched to it as the Orange pad was being a pain with M105.

I have LC yellow & purple foam Kompressor pads I haven't had a chance to use yet.

turbos17
01-11-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't have near the experience of Asphalt Rocket but the 6.5 PFW pad is probably my favorite. I use LCS orange and if that doesn't do what I need it to do, I go with PFW & M105.

I use it after wetsanding or any scratch that can be got out with a machine it cuts fairly quick.

I do use it with my Rotary (Flex 3403). I like it because of the cut, for me it's not as finicky to use with M105 as a Foam pad. Plus it cuts well for me but doesn't heat up the paint as bad as a foam pad on my rotary.

I've got some pix of a junk Mercedes door on I can dig up a link to I used a PFW pad on and it worked well combined with M205 & a white pad follow up.

I did use the PFW with my 3401 this weekend and it worked ok with it as well. It was Honda paint on a civic though. I switched to it as the Orange pad was being a pain with M105.

I have LC yellow & purple foam Kompressor pads I haven't had a chance to use yet.

Frosty thanks! The Flex 3401 is a DA right?

WRAPT C5Z06
01-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Can the Flex 3401 handle the 6.5" purple foamed pad?

frosty
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Frosty thanks! The Flex 3401 is a DA right?

Technically yes, but as I've seen Mike post I consider it more of a hybrid.