PDA

View Full Version : Lake Country Kompressor 7 inch 6 Pack

BobbyG
01-10-2010, 08:25 AM
I went to the page below to order pads and backing plate for my rotary polisher and read the following review. Has anyone else experienced this or could possible explain what possibly went wrong that caused this result?

Lake Country Kompressor Foam Pad Combo, foam buffing pads, lake country pads, polishing pads, compressor pads, swirl remover pads, pads for porter (http://www.autogeek.net/kompressor-buffing-pads.html)

Review

These pads do the opposite of what they say. They do not prevent splatter, its the same as any other pad you use. They are also very poorly made. The very first time i took the white pad out to polish my truck, the pad wasn’t strong enough to finish what it started. It started to through pieces of foam out from the sides. And I didn't go over any corners. Better off finding something else.

Would I be better off going with the Meguiar's pack?

Meguiars Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Pads, Meguiar's Foam Buffing Pads, dual action foam pads (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-soft-buff-2-pads-6.html)

POPPAJ
01-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I use these pads often and never had a problem. IMHO they seem to wear somewhat more than a flat pad from the same manufacturer.

JohnHenry
01-10-2010, 12:11 PM
I use these pads often and never had a problem. IMHO they seem to wear somewhat more than a flat pad from the same manufacturer.

Huh? I like the Kompressors very much also. No problems with PC or Makita.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Any pad is going to splatter if too much polish is applied to it.
As far as the pads go they work great. I use them all the time and never have encountered the problems you are having. Maybe a little more practice with them to figure out how they work with your technique.

Rsurfer
01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Huh? I like the Kompressors very much also. No problems with PC or Makita.:iagree::xyxthumbs:

Gary Sword
01-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I have only used the 6" kompressor lite cutting pads and jeweling pads. I thought they did a good job on the 2 cars I have tried them on both of which have lots of curves. I did notice that the velcro does not cover whole back of the pad. The diameter of the velcro was smaller than the diameter on my backing plate. This resulted in the backing plate cutting in to the pad and I now have ring cut in to the pad at least 1/4" deep so far.

ASPHALT ROCKET
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Gary, pick up a Megs W66 backing plate and you will not have any problems with the backing plate cutting into your pad. The W66 fits perfectly in the pocket on the back of the Kompressor pads.

christian900se
01-13-2010, 10:48 PM
Are these better than regular CCS pads or do they just suit certain applications better?

Rsurfer
01-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Are these better than regular CCS pads or do they just suit certain applications better?IMO they are much better than CCS pads. They follow curves better than flat pads.