PDA

View Full Version : Best Sealant for under $25?

Pages : [1] 2

LincolnZephyr2006
01-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Hey guys,
What is a nice sealant for under $25? I love the look of sealants on my beige Lincoln, but my limit with sealants is $25, as for waxes..... my limit is around $30. I know sealants are better for lighter colored cars and the reflections are great, which is why I want to buy the best within this price range. Anyways... if you guys find something a tad more expensive... I may keep into consideration. I just want to know what a good sealant that LOOKS the best.... not nec. the longest. I put a sealant on my car every 2-3 months or so with waxes in-between... so durability is not an issue really.

Thanks guys! I will be putting an order in as soon as my gf gives me my gift card from christmas! I must have been a bad boy in 2009!

mattwax
01-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 at $18.00 is my vote. I will not make the statement that it "looks the best" since it is very much a personal opinion. However this is a great sealant and is very easy to apply and remove.

Russecu
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Duragloss 105 and 601 is a very durable, good looking, easy to use combo and is priced right.

LincolnZephyr2006
01-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Meguiars #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 at $18.00 is my vote. I will not make the statement that it "looks the best" since it is very much a personal opinion. However this is a great sealant and is very easy to apply and remove.

Thanks... I am considering Wolfgang 3.0 .... especially if AG puts it on BOGO ;)

wfedwar
01-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Best looking sealant in my opinion is Werkstat Acrylic Jett. You're going to get a lot of different opinions, though.

LincolnZephyr2006
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Duragloss 105 and 601 is a very durable, good looking, easy to use combo and is priced right.

I prefer not to use combos... as I just want to use one step and a one time application... but thanks

Best looking sealant in my opinion is Werkstat Acrylic Jett. You're going to get a lot of different opinions, though.

This is why I made up the thread, so I can get different opinions! But. thanks also for your opinion. Although, I am trying to buy it on AG instead of having to pay shipping somewhere else.

If I cannot find anything... I may stick with the NXT 2.0... as it darkens the paint somewhat on the Lincoln...

jjkacz
01-09-2010, 11:17 AM
If I cannot find anything... I may stick with the NXT 2.0... as it darkens the paint somewhat on the Lincoln...

Is there something you don't like about NXT 2.0 or are you just being open minded to new options? I have had great success with NXT 2.0, especially in the durability of it.

Bunky
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
I prefer not to use combos... as I just want to use one step and a one time application... but thanks

This is why I made up the thread, so I can get different opinions! But. thanks also for your opinion. Although, I am trying to buy it on AG instead of having to pay shipping somewhere else.

Meg's 21 is very similar chemically to NXT 2.0.

LincolnZephyr2006
01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Is there something you don't like about NXT 2.0 or are you just being open minded to new options? I have had great success with NXT 2.0, especially in the durability of it.

Just open to new options! How do you guys think it compares to Wolfgang 3.0. See.... I would much rather spend more on a sealant than a wax. I can care less about wax... the most expensive I will go on that is MaxWax.... which does the job for me. Kennesaw GA, huh? Cobb County? Have fam out there!

So I have it down to basically two choices. Either buy another OTC Nxt Tech 2.0 or Wolfgang....

What is yall's opinions. Thanks for the replies guys!

LincolnZephyr2006
01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Meg's 21 is very similar chemically to NXT 2.0.

Hmmm.... then I would rather buy OTC 2.0 then. Thanks for that info!

wytstang
01-09-2010, 12:06 PM
A sealant in that price range I would go with Opti-seal, reflective/glossy and uber easy to apply. PB EX-P is good looking as well, I don't remember it lasting long but it looked good on white.

kronos
01-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I vote for Poorboy's World Polish w/Sealant. I use it for relatives that don't want a full detail, but want minor blemishes removed, paint cleaned and protected all in one step. It smells yummy, and is supposed to be pretty durable.

LincolnZephyr2006
01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
I vote for Poorboy's World Polish w/Sealant. I use it for relatives that don't want a full detail, but want minor blemishes removed, paint cleaned and protected all in one step. It smells yummy, and is supposed to be pretty durable.

I was thinking about that..... but I kind of liked how NXT darkened my paint a bit.... so I might just stick with that unless anyone has any info about how the wolfgang is on beige colored cars....

Thanks again everyone

christian900se
01-09-2010, 12:45 PM
I can tell you that it had a darkening effect on my black Saab's paint, and have seen it have a very slight darkening effect on lighter colors too. Maybe not to the extent that you might get while using NXT, but it will darken slightly.

AeroCleanse
01-09-2010, 01:08 PM
I would say Ultima Paint Guard Plus and Opti-Seal