PDA

View Full Version : What Optimum products do you recommend based on your experiences?

Pages : [1] 2

spike
01-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Just wondering what you guys think of Optimum products...I love ONR (of course), but haven't used any of their other products. I want to hear more about their other products. So, what products have you tried, and why do you like it?

Feed back please

evilwrx
01-06-2010, 07:54 AM
This is a great question, as I have much the same desire to learn more about Optimum's products. Looking forward to the reviews.

dublifecrisis
01-06-2010, 08:32 AM
at a high level, majority of their products are popular with their polishes being not so popular (poli-seal being the exception). But it is really an AIO product. I haven't tried them all but have used ONR, Spray Wax, Opti-seal, poli-seal, Instant Detail/Gloss Enhancer, Polish.

Their Car Wash, ONR, Tire Gel, Protectant Plus are favorites to many.

CharlesW
01-06-2010, 08:33 AM
ONR as a rinseless wash. I wasn't at all impressed with it as a quick detailer. In fairness, I used it at the then recommended 6 oz. per gallon dilution ratio. They now recommend 8 oz. per gallon for a QD and the results might be different.

Poli-Seal seems to be a good paint cleaner/prep with some polishing capabilities. It is sold as an AIO, but I have always followed it with my LSP so I don't really know how much protection it leaves.

Opti-Seal is very easy to use and I really like the look of it after using Poli-Seal. I wax/seal fairly often so I don't know about durability.

Pats300zx
01-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Some of my favs:

ONR (so many different uses)
Opti-Seal (works great on anything, wheels, paint, glass, etc)
OCW (such an easy spray wax to use with great durablity)
Metal Polish (I love this stuff !!!!)

bmw5541
01-06-2010, 09:44 AM
I have used ONR for both no rince washings and a QD. I LOVE this stuff!!! I have also used Opti-Seal and like it very much. It doesn't get much easier then this, as it is truly a WOWA product. If you have a dark colored car, you might have to lightly buff out some streaks if you applied it too heavy. The durability is pretty good, as I have gotten about 8 weeks out of it. The looks are good, but there are other ealants on the market that will give you a better shine and durability. The other Optimum prduct that I have used is their Finish Polish. I really liked this. It gave the paint a very nice pop and the shine and slickness were awesome. It also has a long work time.

I hope this helps.

spike
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all of the great responses so far. Keep 'em coming!!

HighEndDetail
01-06-2010, 10:26 AM
ONR so easy to use, and works well
OP my favorite polish. I use this with other compounds to cut dusting, and a little longer work time
OCW like Pat said so easy to use, and last a while
OPTI-SEAL wipe on walk away. Can be used on glass/plastic also

Irish
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Aside from ONR (is it possible to not love this stuff?):

Car Wash
Opti-Bond Gel
Opti-Seal

Bottle of Power Clean sitting on my shelf waiting to be used. Going to give it a run on the Magnum I've got lined up next week.

Matt S.
01-06-2010, 01:58 PM
My three favorite Optimum products that I consider staples and are used on a regular basis would be the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer, Opti-Seal, and Opti-Bond Tire Gel.

I do wish Opti-Seal came in a larger container, but I've been using it for awhile after every other wash and still haven't used up the entire 8oz container. A little bit goes a VERY long way.

The Opti-Bond 32oz and Instant Detailer 32oz refills are both very good values, especially since the Instant Detailer is concentrated - the 32oz bottle will make 96oz of detail spray for only $20.

Optimum Opti-Seal 8 oz. Free Bonus! (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html)

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Quick Detail Spray, opt quick detailer, spray detailer, waterless wash, instant detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-instant-detailer-32oz.html)

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Tire gel protectant, OPT Tire Dressing Gel, protect tires, optibond tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html)

Matt S.
01-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Also, I do like their polishes, but I wish Optimum Polish II had more cut. I have not really had any luck removing swirls with it, unless I'm working on very soft paint. Their Compound is more of a swirl remover, with the Hyper Compound finally falling into the "compound" category. I do like Optimum Finish as it's very easy to work with and provides great results, but for that price I'll stick with M205, Wolfgang, or Menzerna.

spike
01-07-2010, 03:50 PM
So, it looks like this is a great deal:

Optimum Car Care Sampler Kit: Optimum Car Wash, Optimum Car Wax, Optimum Protectant Plus, Optimum Tire Shine (http://www.autogeek.net/car-care-sampler.html)

I'll have to order one. Thanks for all of the help!

:thankyousign:

AeroCleanse
01-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I use ONR and the spray wax, both of which I like. I tried the polish but wasn't impressed.

Old Tiger
01-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Optimum is my favorite product line! I have all of their products except Opti-Seal, Poly-Seal, Hyper Compound and the other tire spray (i.e., not Opti-Bond)

Here are my thoughts on each

OID - Best QD bang for buck of all QD's. Dilute 3 parts to 1, a qt. makes a gallon. One of two best QD's I have tried (other is FK425)

Car Wash - My fav for lubricity and suds are good.
OCW - Best WOWO I have tried, as easy as OID to apply .
OPC - as good as any APC and has polymers for lubricity. Can be diluted 3:1
Opti-Bond - My fav tire gel and works great on wheel wells and trim
OPP- MY fav interior dressing. Smells like leather and is more matte than 303
Metal Polish - best I have tried so far.
ONR - Nuff said
Polish and coumpound are good
Hope this helps.

Oh I forgot I have some OPti-Coat but have not tried it yet.

wytstang
01-07-2010, 08:43 PM
ONR
car soap
Opti-seal
Poli-seal
Tire dressing (not opti bond)
Interior dressing
Are the ones I use and would recommend. They have all worked as advertised.