PDA

View Full Version : LC Hydro Tech pad question

WRAPT C5Z06
01-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Do the Hydro Tech cyan cutting pads have more cutting power than the CCS orange pads?

DLB
01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Yes. Cyan is above the Orange, and just less than the yellow.
Tangerine is between the white and orange.

DLB

WRAPT C5Z06
01-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Yes. Cyan is above the Orange, and just less than the yellow.
Tangerine is between the white and orange.

DLB
Perfect! :xyxthumbs:

dublifecrisis
01-05-2010, 10:32 AM
I was close to ordering some of these last week but stuck with the CCS. Maybe next time, I'll pick up a few. They look nice!

DLB
01-05-2010, 10:38 AM
I like mine - but they really hold moisture.
That makes it tough when you are using a DA because they need to be completely dry to prevent them from peeling off the velcro.

They do work very well though. But, my consensus is that you need more of them to do the work so you can let them dry after cleaning.

DLB

WRAPT C5Z06
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I like mine - but they really hold moisture.
That makes it tough when you are using a DA because they need to be completely dry to prevent them from peeling off the velcro.

They do work very well though. But, my consensus is that you need more of them to do the work so you can let them dry after cleaning.

DLB
How often do pads need to be cleaned? Generally speaking..

DLB
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
How often do pads need to be cleaned? Generally speaking..
Well - I clean them on the fly after each section or every other section (as in 16x16 section). That helps you get quite a bit of mileage on the pad before doing a real clean of it.

Honestly, it all depends on the amount of correction being done and how much paint/clear is coming off onto the pad. Eventually, your pad will just become saturated and not be really effective any longer. It is then time to clean it thoroughly.

Very generally speaking - I can get about 1/2 of a small to mid-size sedan out of a pad before cleaning it with water/pad cleaner, etc.

When I first bought my pads I wish I would have bought more of the "Orange & White" pads or anything in that range, and fewer of everything else. Because of not having several orange pads (just 2) they suffered for it. Using the same 2 so regularly caused them to start breaking down quicker than if I had more. All while certain pads have only been touched 2 times. The same goes with the Hydro pads - I would say get 3 of each - but that is just my personal preference. You can definitely get by with less - especially if you aren't working on a car every weekend.

DLB