PDA

View Full Version : Random Question about Dressings

Jenn1270
01-03-2010, 05:26 PM
What is the difference between the 3 megs dressings? Hyper, ASD, and water based dressing? In what situation would you use one instead of the other.

Sorry if this has been answered before but I was unable to find it.

Jenn

Irish
01-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Water-based dressings tend to wash off when it rains. It seems Meguiar's claims the all-season is weather resistant, to what extent someone else will have to answer.

As for the difference between Hyper Dressing and standard water based, I believe hyper is intended for exterior use only, where the other is a jack-of-all-trades product. Perhaps Hyper has some properties that make it more durable?

Shane731
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
ASD is for tires and wheel wells. It is supposed to be as durable as Endurance. I personally have not used it, but I have heard from other members on Meguiar's Online that it lasts for several weeks. There is a thread on Meguiar's Online in which a member tested Hot Shine High Gloss tire gel, Endurance tire gel, All Season Dressing, and Hyper Dressing for durability. See the test and results here (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20088). Water-Based Dressing is not very commonly used, as its dilution ratios are straight for high gloss and 1:1 for a more natural look. It can be used on vinyl, plastic, rubber, and leather surfaces, and can be used on both interior and exterior including engines. Hyper Dressing has 4 dilution ratios, ranging from 1:1 (high gloss) to 4:1 (for a more satin look). Some people dilute it even more than 4:1 for an even more natural look. Like Water-Based Dressing, it can be used on both interior and exterior dressings, including engines, tires, wheel wells, trim, etc. However, the difference between Hyper Dressing (HD) and Water-Based Dressing (WBD) is that HD can be more or less diluted to suit your preferred shine level, whereas WBD is not designed to be subjected to various dilution ratios. Of the three, I have Hyper Dressing. I think it is a great product. I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with Hyper Dressing or All Season Dressing. If you're looking for durability on tires and wheel wells, go with ASD. If you want a more versatile product that you can adjust the shine on, go with HD. Hope this helps! :xyxthumbs: