PDA

View Full Version : start 2 finish...one line

Pages : [1] 2

nittyv12
01-03-2010, 02:09 PM
just curious to know who uses one or two product lines from start to finish. i understand its a trial and error step and evry1 has there favorites, but who has used and stuck with a single product from a cost and ease of use outlook.

bmw5541
01-03-2010, 02:18 PM
I actually use multiple lines. I use P21S wash, ClayMagic or BlackFire Clay, PoorBoys, Megs, and Optimum Polishes, BlackFire Sealant, Natty's, P21S and Collinite waxes. As Mike P states, "Find a product you like, and use it often".

I do know that there are a lot of people that are loyal to one brand and will do an entire car with only that line, but I like to experiment, and then find what I like.

Joshs2013MSAltimaSL
01-03-2010, 02:21 PM
I will use what works best for the job I'm trying to accomplish.

sullysdetailing
01-03-2010, 04:28 PM
I use many products. Some products work better then others.

MikeyC
01-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I would tend to doubt that very many people use the same product line entirely.

Old Tiger
01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
I think the "Best in Class"is the way to go. IMO Optimum makes more BIC products than any other manufacturer. BIC products (only my opinion) are ONR, OCW (as a Spray wax only, not comparing to concourse waxes. Opt. Car WASH, opc, Opti-Bond, OPP and OID. All are exceptional Bang for Bucks products too. Opti-Seal isnt on the list. I haven't tried it. BFWd is the daddy rabbit of sealants IMO. Optimum polishes are good but not BIC. I got the Menzerna Twins from Santa because they MIGHT be BIC, but M105 & m205 CAN MAKE A CLAIM TOO. i KNOW THIS IS AN INEFFECTIVE WAY TO say I dont stick to one product line.

nittyv12
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
no doubt...i feel whatchu guys r sayin. just tryin to narrow down my trial and error period while maintaining quality and watching cost

MikeyC
01-03-2010, 10:03 PM
no doubt...i feel whatchu guys r sayin. just tryin to narrow down my trial and error period while maintaining quality and watching cost
The best thing you can do then is read the forums. See what other people are using and read why they like them. There's a lot of personal opinion involved in this hobby and my opinion won't necessarily match with your personal experience.

One thing I did when I first started was go with the "forum favorites" I bought the products I read about the most frequently that people were using. Some I liked and some I didn't but it was a good way to start. Also, if you buy a product that's popular and you don't like it you're more likely to find someone who will trade you something else for it.

ScottB
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
What fun would be using just one line ... half the challenge is picking the best of each category and then getting them to work in unison. Pinnacle, P21S, Megs, and Optimum are a couple lines where you "could" certainly use the entire line and benefit.

Rsurfer
01-04-2010, 10:53 PM
What fun would be using just one line ... half the challenge is picking the best of each category and then getting them to work in unison. Pinnacle, P21S, Megs, and Optimum are a couple lines where you "could" certainly use the entire line and benefit.
Scott, how about Poorboy's or is that line only for poor guy's like me. Im the MAN

Tex
01-05-2010, 01:12 AM

If you are trying to do this, then DP comes to mind for the entire cleaning portion of your detailing. I have tried Megs, P21S, Mothers, .....and I have never seen a line of products that manages to do both: be a big bang for the buck and do what they say they do so well. So, shampoo, RWG, total exterior and total interior cleaners, Krystal vision and so on should be on your list IMO. For little $ you will get big bottles of effective products.
Now, for the polishing, it seems to be more like religion, but in the end, it seems everyone's car looks good any which way :). I was facing the same question you do and went with 1Z. Everyone seems to think 1Z is 99% as good as Menz or WG for half the price. and they are on BOGO right now.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Rsurfer
01-05-2010, 01:41 AM
If you are trying to do this, then DP comes to mind for the entire cleaning portion of your detailing. I have tried Megs, P21S, Mothers, .....and I have never seen a line of products that manages to do both: be a big bang for the buck and do what they say they do so well. So, shampoo, RWG, total exterior and total interior cleaners, Krystal vision and so on should be on your list IMO. For little $ you will get big bottles of effective products.
Now, for the polishing, it seems to be more like religion, but in the end, it seems everyone's car looks good any which way :). I was facing the same question you do and went with 1Z. Everyone seems to think 1Z is 99% as good as Menz or WG for half the price. and they are on BOGO right now.
Just my $0.02 worth.If 1Z is 99% as good as Menz why is it on BOGO? If it was selling they wouldn't be giving it away.

Tex
01-05-2010, 08:18 AM
If 1Z is 99% as good as Menz why is it on BOGO? If it was selling they wouldn't be giving it away.

Good question. Maybe it does not sell because their pro-line is recent, or maybe the product is not known enough?

Lasthope05
01-05-2010, 09:15 AM
The Proline polishes dont get much air time. Heck the entire 1z line doesnt get much recognition aside from cockpit premium. People who use them like them. Some like them more than Menz because they arent as finicky about its environment. If there was a sudden hype on 1Z polishes then I bet everybody would rave that its the next best thing.

Take Victorias concours for example. Its a great cheap wax that not much people know about. Many agree that its on the same playing field as the higher end waxes but it doesnt get much air time either.

Rsurfer
01-05-2010, 09:25 AM
The Proline polishes dont get much air time. Heck the entire 1z line doesnt get much recognition aside from cockpit premium. People who use them like them. Some like them more than Menz because they arent as finicky about its environment. If there was a sudden hype on 1Z polishes then I bet everybody would rave that its the next best thing.

Take Victorias concours for example. Its a great cheap wax that not much people know about. Many agree that its on the same playing field as the higher end waxes but it doesnt get much air time either.What you are saying holds some truth. Victoria's waxes are good. Now I will have to tryIm the MAN 1Z polishes to see if it's as good or better than Menz.